Thursday, June 10, 2010

Last day of toddlerhood :(

I can't believe today is the last day to have 3 year olds. The last day to be a mother of toddlers. After today I will be the mother of kids. Not babies. And this is freaking me out a bit. Maybe that is why I've been having baby fever?????

As I was showering this morning I was reflecting on this past year. All the challenges of having 3 year old twins is not what stuck out in my mind. The coolest, most rewarding thing in the world happened over this past year. Hassie Clare and Quinn told me they loved me. They tell me multiple times each day and they mean it! They feel it, they express it and they never hold back on expressing how much the love me. Wow ... talk about the most rewarding thing in the world!

Watching them grow out of their baby years and witnessing their personalities develop has also been absolutely amazing and I'm so thankful that I'm the one that got to guide them along with the help of my best friend.

So on this last day of toddlerhood, I am anxious for several different reasons. Mostly because we have been so freakin' blessed with health and happiness. Why are we the lucky ones? Will this luck run out? I calm these fears with the fact that no matter what the future may bring, we will deal with it with unconditional love as a family. And I will always treasure the past 4 years because they have simply been the best years of my life.

No comments: