Monday, June 28, 2010

Happy Monday - and all things unrelated

Hassie Clare is swimming. No doggie paddling but full on "under the water" swimming. She is a fish. Every time we go swimming she swims further and further without assistance.
Quinn doesn't mind getting her face wet once of twice when we go swimming but she doesn't want the top of her head to get wet. Shocker.

The girls are falling in love with their lovely new nanny Sarah. She is so patient and loving. They still use and abuse her but she is learning their tricks and handles the challenge well. On Fridays she always brings something special for them to make. One week it was gummy worms and dirt (Oreos) pudding. Last week they made a fish tank (blue jello with gummy fish). I can't believe the summer is almost half over and we will be losing her:(

My "get healthy challenge" is still going well...kind of. I've been at a standstill for about 5 weeks. My workouts are going great but my diet is slacking. I eat perfectly all week, drink tons of water, etc. On the weekends, I splurge. I don't eat bad all weekend but we have started eating out again and I pretty much order whatever I want. So I'm balancing everything out. I gain 2-5 pounds every weekend and lose it during the week. One of these weekends I'm going to stick to my diet and hopefully drop some more weight. I can't imagine not working out. I still hit the gym 4 to 5 times a week. I love it. I feel so strong. I weigh what I weighed in my mid 20's and that is a comfortable weight for me - even though I have plenty more weight to lose. I think that is why I've been living it up on the weekends. I'm content. Hopefully I'll get sick of being content and want to start working toward my goal again:)

Speaking of splurging on the weekends - We went to dinner Saturday night with my mom and Fred to this fabulous "hole in the wall" steak house down in Mississippi. It was one of the best steaks I've ever eaten and the best Bloody Mary's I ever drank. The football size baked potatoes probably had more real butter in them then actual potato. My jaws are watering as I type this!

On Father's Day, Jamie wanted to take the girls to a movie (he originally wanted to go to The Pink Palace Museum but they are closed on Sundays). So we loaded up and met mom and Fred at the movies to watch Toy Story III in 3d. It was a great movie. And boy oh boy do I love to hear Fred laugh. It tickles my soul. I took on potty duty so I missed a bunch of the movie. Quinn is in love with Jessie and has asked that we call her Jessie. Hassie Clare loves Woody but she still wants us to call her Alice with a bleeding boo boo ... but we can just call her Alice for short (she is referring to the part in the spooky Alice in Wonderland when Alice cuts her arm. I think HC likes the dress Alice was wearing during that part of the movie:).  We rewarded Jamie with an air conditioner for his garage and some ice cream for being such a good Daddy:) All and all ... a great family day.

I'm getting a new iphone 4 and Jamie is reaaalllllyyy excited:) I'm excited about having a decent camera on my phone and being able to pull up work info while I'm on the go. I'm sure by the time my girls read this they will laugh at how "old school" the iphone 4 was back in the day.

Here are a few recent pics from Jamie's old, ratty iphone (hehehehe) -


HC in the Alice dress Maema got her.
Maema, Kevin and some crazy lady:)
Jessie and Alice with a bleeding boo boo (wearing Woody PJ's)

No comments: