Here is a run down of all the gifts my mother in law (AKA Maema) gave us during the 3 days she was here last weekend:
1) She brought her work car (she retired in March) and gave it to Jamie as a past and future birthday present (we were suppose to buy it from her). His current work car is baked. No air, the driver side window won't go up, it smokes horribly and leaks oil. Jamie is totally pumped about his new wheels. On top of that, she gave him a used generator in the trunk. And we all know it is BS about the future birthday presents ... she always says that and always forgets!
2) She bought me a bunch of new work out clothes because she knows none of my clothes fit. She bought me larges .... God bless her. So very thoughtful and sweet of her. I have to take a few of them back but I love her anyway for thinking I could wear an L instead of an XL.
3) She loaded the girls up with all kinds of birthday presents. They love everything.
4) She bought the girls at least 3 or 4 pair of new shoes each and some new outfits.
4) Before they left town after a fun filled weekend, she treated us to IHOP. We had a huge, Delicious breakfast.
5) As we were pulling out of the parking lot and waving our goodbyes, she tossed something at Jamie and asked him to hand it to me. I opened the box up and it was a pair of REAL diamond ear rings. She picked them out as her 35 years of service with AT&T. She already has a pair she likes more and wanted me to have them. Who does that? Geeze. I haven't taken them off my ears in 3 days. I've never had a pair of real ones before! And I have a feeling Hassie Clare and Quinn will wear them someday proudly knowing they were their Maema's ear rings.
The woman absolutely blows me away with her generosity. I can't get over how selfless and giving she is of anything and everything. Plain and simple ... she spoils us all rotten! If she didn't pick out such good things for us we might make her stop but dang .... the woman's got good taste! Thank you Mae for being so thoughtful and making us feel so special.
No comments:
Post a Comment