June 22, 2010
A love letter for my love.
Eight years is a long time but not long enough. I’ve realized in the past few years that you are the person I was meant to be with for all of time. The first few years were consumed with love, lust and all the good things that come from early relationships. The middle few years were a little more complicated spent routing out our future together as a family. The last few years have been extremely comfortable. I’ve settled into my role as your wife and a mother to our children. It all feels exactly right and I realize now that this is EXACTLY where I’m supposed to be. In your arms … forever and always.
Our love is unique in so many ways. It is unyielding, trusting, unquestioning, fairly original and so very, very sweet. And I know you feel the same way because you show me in special ways all the time.
I’m grateful that I’m your wife. You chose me and that makes me the luckiest woman in the world. At the time of our wedding, I didn’t think it would be possible to love you anymore then I did on that day. Boy was I wrong. I love you just as I did 8 years ago today but I love you so much more in so many different ways.
You are my everything. Without you, I could exist but my life would be unfilled. Without your touch, my heart would ache. Without your laugh, my soul would be bare. Without your love, I would be empty.
Your wife of 8 years,
Kristi
No comments:
Post a Comment