Thursday, December 31, 2009

Last letter to my girls in 2009

Dear Hassie Clare and Quinn,
First and foremost, I LOVE BEING YOUR MOM more then anything in this world. It is the most rewarding and gratifying experience. This year you guys have evolved from toddlers to "almost" little girls. You started off the year at 2.5 years old and finished it up at 3.5 years old.
I've said this before in other letters, but I had no idea being a mom would be this much fun. You guys crack me up on an hourly basis. I love taking road trips with you, shopping and outings to things around town. My favorite times are at our house, in our pj's reading a book or playing. We have had a great year!
Our first family vacation to the beach was very memorable. I loved watching you experience the ocean and sand for the first time. I'm looking forward to many more trips to the beach over the years.
Other big events for our family in 2009 were potty training, Aunt Karrie's wedding, trips to Maema's house in Missouri, going to school, all the trips to the zoo and museum's, moving Nana and PawPaw from Conway to Southaven, all the good times you had with your nanny Tay Tay, Onyx's kittens ... just to name a few.  
One of the coolest things that I witnessed this year was watching you become best friends. You are both so different with unique personalities. One of the things you have in common is that you both have the kindest, sweetest heart. You guys talk to each other about everything when you get into bed at night and for naps (I listen over the monitors). You both play dress-up and "pretend" every waking moment.
My wish for you is that you grow up maintaining this love and friendship you have for each other. I say this at least once a day to you both, "do you know how lucky you are to have each other?" You always reply with "yes mommy, she my best friend." I hope that when you read this in 30 years, it will fill your heart to know that the friendship with your sister started from day one. I know there will be difficult times along the way between the two of you but I hope you always find your way back to each other.
Your dad and I have been talking about having another baby. Our biological clocks are ticking and time is a factor. We both seem to be on the same page. At this time, we are at 84% no and 16% go for it. I guess we will see what happens in 2010.
As I type this, you guys are in your playroom. Hassie Clare is wearing a pink, fury princess dress but calling herself Dorofee (ALWAYS in character as Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz)). Quinn is wearing a ballet leotard with a tutu and calling herself Belle. You both amaze me with your beauty, intelligence and kindness. I could not ask for anything more.
I love you with every bit of my existence,
Your Mommy

PS - This wraps up my first year of blogging. I hope to continue it throughout the years so that you have a glimpse of what your childhood was like.  I'm a terrible writer and even worse with grammar and spelling so forgive me. My main purpose in keeping this blog is for you to have this to read when you get older. Maybe my grandkids will even read it (wow ... I've never ever thought about that). I write from my heart. I want to make sure you always know how much I love being your mother and how much fun we had when you were little. Being your mom is the greatest honor I've ever had!

2 comments:

Shanell said...

Kristi -

I just wanted to tell you how I have enjoyed your blog so much since you first told me about it when we found each other on fb. I wish I had your talent. This will be something your girls will cherish forever. Reading your posts reminds me of the person you are and person you have become. You were at one time one of my closest and dearest friends and reading your blog reminds me of why. You have a beautiful family and thank you for allowing me to know you and your family through your lovely blog. Take care and God Bless.

KRISTI said...

Shanell - Thank you so much for your sweet comment! You are so kind to take the time to read about my family. No one ever leaves a comment - you made my day!!!!
I hope that we stay in touch and that we can make some time this year to get our families together!