Thursday, December 31, 2009

NYE w BFF's

New Year's Eve marks the 10-year anniversary that Jamie and I started dating. We met the summer on 1999 (I almost had to break out in song with that sentence). Our first New Year's Eve together was one we will never forget but hardly remember ... if ya know what I mean. From NYE 2001 - 2006 we spent bringing in the new year with the beloved Hammer's. We have made some great memories. We took 3 years off because of babies and a death in the family. We decided 3 years was long enough so we started back the tradition of spending it together.

Of course the dynamics of our NYE has changed drastically. Our first NYE together as a group, we spent at a fancy restaurant in St. Louis. We dined next to Jack Buck and other local celebs while eating fine foods and drinking expensive beverages. Fast forward 9 years and we spent NYE in Olive Branch with a 6 month old, 3 3 year olds and a 6 year old. Eating take-out lasagna and drinking whiskey and wine (again ... I almost broke out in song). Honestly, I can't tell you which night I had more fun. I am thankful for our memories of past NYE but very grateful for the NYE's spent with all of our kids. Good times all around.

It was an awesome weekend. All 4 girls (from oldest to youngest - Morgan, Jenna, Quinn, Hassie Clare) played together so well. They played dress up, read books, ate lots of junk food, watched movies, played with every toy imaginable. I got some serious baby lovin' from baby Benny. He is such a good baby and so flippin cute. We spent a majority of the long weekend catching up, swapping parenting stories, talking about old times and enjoying the kids. Our only outing was to the Memphis Children's Museum and to a Japanese Steak House (we all forgot our camera). Both places were a hit with the parents and kids. At night, after the kids were asleep, we spent time laughing on the couch and enjoying some adult time.


Hasie Clare(AKA Dorofee) and Quinn (AKA Belle) talking to Benny.




Morgan reading bed time stories to the 3 year olds.


The girls have started copying the way Morgan reads....it is so cute! They put their finger on the page and pretend to get stuck on a few words. Morgan reads so well for a 6 year old!


Snuggle bunnies.


Hassie Clare bear and Jenna bear.


Hassie Clare and baby Benny.


Disney movie marathon in my room.


Big Ben (Quinn's Godfather), Little Ben (Jamie's Godson), Hassie Clare and Morgan.

We are so lucky to have such good friends. Not only do we have a ton in common, we truly respect them. Paige is a complete and total OCD control freak, especially over her kids. For that, I am the most thankful because I don't feel so alone in the world!!!!!
THURMANS + HAMMERS = 4EVER

2 comments:

kel said...

and yet again with the tears.
not cool.

Anonymous said...

I agree with everything you've written - even the OCD remark! :) As Benny would say, "We just love you guys so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so much!!" - Paige