Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Best Friend's birthday is today!

Turning 39 has to be a wee bit scary. Not that I would know since I'm sooooo much younger. But any who, this is his last year in his 30's. Lucky for me him, he gets sexier every year!


Tonight we will eat a home cooked meal (rarity these days) and his favorite cake (Carrot). He will open presents. He will read the cards we made for him and rave about how pretty they are. He will compliment the girls on their artistic ability and me on my cooking. He will thank me over and over for making the day special for him. He will get teary eyed every time his daughters sing him Happy Birthday. He will poke fun at my mom in one breath and tell her he loves her in another. We will talk about birthdays in the past. He will give me multiple bear hugs throughout the evening. Before he goes to sleep, he will cover Ruby up with his blanket and "spoon" her while she sleeps between us. He will thank me again for everything and tell me he loves me more then anything.

He will do all of this because he is the sweetest, kindest, most loving man I have ever known. He loves his family and I know this because he shows us with his actions every day. It takes so little to please him yet he deserves so much.

I'm so thankful that he is my husband, best friend, lover, emotional rock, personal comedian, handy man, baby daddy, etc. I'm so thankful I get to spend this day with him. I’m so thankful he chose me to spend his life with!

1 comment:

kel said...

awwww.... makin me cry at work.
nice.