Saturday, December 26, 2009

Relationship with Santa & Elfis

YEAR 1 
The girls were 6 months old. Because they were so premature (2 months), we agreed with their doctors that they should stay out of the public during the RSV and flu season. Thus .. no pics with Santa.!

YEAR 2
Hassie Clare and Quinn's first trip to see Santa. They were 18 months old. We went to the Pink Palace Museum to see the Enchanted Forrest. When I was kid, we went every year. It has not changed one bit except the location. Even smells the same! Back in the day, it was at the Goldsmith's downtown.
Here is the photo:


2007 - I love this Santa Claus.

YEAR 3
In 2008, we (and by we I mean Jamie) decided it was cruel and unusual punishment to subject the girls to Santa because they were still deathly afraid of him. He even came to our house for a special visit but the closest they got to him was taking a candy cane from Mrs. Claus. I have it all on video!

YEAR 4
In 2009, we decided to take the girls out to Uncle Dave's store for the opening day of the Christmas season. Santa arrived on a Bass boat. There were cookies and crafts. This was before Thanksgiving but it was a nice way to get the girls in the spirit. Quinn changed her mind about seeing Santa.  However, we (and by we I mean I) tossed her in Santa's lap for a picture.


Quinn screamed so loud she even scared the moose (check the top left hand corner of the pic). We seriously thought she was going to set off the store's alarm system. About 2 seconds after this picture was taken, Hassie Clare freaked out also because Quinn was hysterical.

Quinn decided after this melt down that she liked Santa and would sit in his lap the next time she saw him. Hassie Clare decided she no longer liked Santa and he was scary. After explaining what all Santa does (multiple times) they both finally agreed that it would be beneficial to their toy collection if they liked Santa. So, when Santa came to their Mother's Day Out, they sat in his lap. I was hiding and watching them (figured they had a better chance if I was not around). The school took a pic but the picture is very dark and blurry.
Then Santa came to our house and they loved him! I have it all on video but I had left our camera ealier that day at a Christmas party (thankfully recovered it the next day). Aunt Jenny is suppose to send me the pics she took!
So all in all, after 4 Christmas's, I think they finally love Santa.

ELFIS
This is our Elf (Elf on a Shelf). He joined our family in 2008. The girls named them all by themselves. They were just starting to talk well and use sentences when we got him. They had heard the name Elvis several times and I think that they thought when we said Elf we meant to say Elvis ...are you following me? Thus the name Elfis was born. Elfis lives at the North Pole all year and comes to our house the night we put up our tree. Every night when they girls go to sleep he travels back to the North Pole to report to Santa how good they have been. Before the girls wake up, Elfis comes home and sits somewhere different. Every morning to girls jump out of bed and run around to find Elfis. If they touch him then he will lose his magic. When Santa comes on Christmas Eve night, he takes Elfis back with him to the North Pole. Jamie and I have so much fun with this little tradition we have started. See ya next year Elfis!!!!

No comments: