Wednesday, June 1, 2011

First day of Day School (2) / last day of Day School (4)

Hassie Clare and Quinn started a Mother's Day Out / Day School program right after they turned 2 years old. I remember the feeling I had the first day we took them. Jamie and I were walking out of the building and I thought "Are we seriously just going to just leave them here? With strangers. In a strange building. They are only 2 years old. Who does that?" My legs were wobbly, my stomach was week and my heart was heavy. I sat in the parking lot for over an hour talking myself into driving away.

We spent the next 3 years getting up every Tuesday and Thursday morning and heading to school for 6 hours. And then one day it was over. My little girls were ready to be sent to big kid school.

On their last day of school this year we said our goodbyes to all 3 of the teachers they had during their 3 year stint. Our last stop was to the girls first teacher. She was the perfect first teacher for them and for me. She held my hand and comforted me as much as she did them. And then I lost it. I was sobbing. Of course I had just come from a co-workers funeral so that did not help my emotional state.  It was the end of an era. The end of their toddlerhood.

And so we left the building and walked to the car. And once again, my legs were wobbly, my stomach was week and my heart was heavy.
First day of school 2008 - 2 year old class with our beloved Mrs. Ilona.

I think they had just figured out that we were not going to stay with them at school.

First day of school 2009 - 3 year old class

Last day of school 2011 - 4 year old class. They are saying goodbye to their in-door playground. I assured them that their new school would have an awesome outdoor playground!


This is a video I took while loading up the car to take them to their first day of Mother's Day Out. Their sweet little baby voices brought tears to my eyes.
**Sweet nothings for me to remember - HC was obsessed with fireworks at this age. She talked about them all the time. Quinn had a tiny plastic baby that fit into the palm of her hand. She had it on her at all times and called her "Baby Crying." I saved this baby in a plastic bag with all their baby stuff. It probably still has finger jam hidden in the cracks.**

No comments: