Friday, June 10, 2011

Still "Mommy" .... for the time being

My kids are 4  ..... at least for the rest of today. Goodbye toddlerhood. We will miss you. Sniff Sniff

Hassie Clare and Quinn are beyond excited about their upcoming birthday. Every morning for the past 40ish days they have asked me "how many nights do we sleep until our birthday?"

Things are a changin'. I bought booster seats the other day but I'm keeping them in the box for as long as the girls will hold out. We went shopping for bunk beds since they are still in toddler beds and their toes poke through the slabs of wood at the end of the bed. They recently started wiping their own booty. They started buckling themselves into their carseat - HUGE! They can climb up on the counter, get a cup and make themselves a cup of water. All of this has happened in the past month!

I'm sad their infant and toddler years are over but I'm UBER excited about all the adventers turning 5 brings. They still need "Mommy" so I will hold onto that while it's available. They still scream for me when they get the slightest injury. They still want me to hold them and rock them any chance they get. They still tell me all their secrets. They still think I'm funny ... no matter what silly thing I'm doing. They know and I know that I can comfort them like no one else in the world can. My sad day will come when all these things start to fade away and I just become "Mom."

So until then I'm going to enjoy my baby girls, make as many memories as possible and give it my best shot at helping them become the person they want to be in life. Good gracious I hope I don't screw it up!  Do you every stop worrying about that as a parent?



Funnies 
-Yesterday the girls and I went up to their former dance studio to check out a summer camp they have. They were super excited, especially since their cousin Josie was there. I told the girls all about it and they loved the idea of going to camp and meeting new friends. We pulled into the parking lot and HC said "Where are the tents?" I told her there were no tents and that the camp was inside where they had dance class. The Director was showing us around and HC said "Mommy, I need to ask you a secret." So I leaned down and she whispered into my ear, "Where are the smores?"
- This morning Quinn told me my breathe smelled like chicken and strawberries .... in the garbage can.

No comments: