Thursday, June 16, 2011

I'm officially a grown up

4 huge, ginormus things happened to our family this month so far:

1) We paid off our family car, AKA my car, AKA the grocery getter (I've never had a title to a vehicle in my name ... I can't wait to see it)
2) I paid off my student loans from graduate school.  I've paid this monthly (except those first couple years when I only paid the interest) since Jan. 1998 - the month I started my first job .... which is still my current job ...but different position.
3) Our kids turned 5.
4) We will be nanny-free for the first time since the girls were 8 weeks old.

I'm extremely stoked about the first 2, mixed emotions about the third one and scared to death about the last one.  But ... everything happens for a reason.

So what does all these major finiancial happenings mean? A nice built-in swimming pool in our back yard? A new car? A boat? A dream vacation with just me and my hubby? Well hell heck no. It means we can fork out the $10g's for the girls to go to private school next year without going into debt. Which makes me happy. At least that is what I keep telling myself.

No comments: