Thursday, September 2, 2010

Excuses, excuses, excuses

 Dear Blog,
Once again I've let you down. My posts have been few and far in between. I have several good excuses that I would like to share with you ... if you don't mind. We have been super busy around here. This is a list of my lame "top 10" excuses and a brief run down of the past few weeks in the Thurman household:
  1. My picture and music hard drive is full and I haven't had time to make space for more pics. Which means I have no where to download pics. Which means I don't have new pics to post on my blog. And we all know everyone likes new pics when I post something. Hardly anyone reads what I write ... they are only interested in the pics! **pics added to post the following day**
  2. New Nannies - 2 of them to be exact. Both part-time and both exceptionally lovely. Meredith and Ashley are nice additions to our family. We still miss Sarah. As Hassie Clare reminded me the other day, "I love Sayraa and Tay Tay the bestest forever." Compliments don't get much better then that!
  3. Sugarland - details will require it's own post.
  4. Tay Tay's visit. Short and sweet. We went swimming, ate Mexican and the girls went shopping to their favorite store ... Target. Taylor treated them to ice cream and a slumber party in her bed. I could not believe the girls slept with her in the guest bed all night long! She is a brave girl.
5.  Baby Madysen's baby shower (Angela and Starsky's baby). Dana's house warming party.
6.  Hosted Bunko at my house and all my rowdy friends came over:) Loads of fun but took me a few days to recover.
7.  Grandpa Hagel and Glenda came to town. Always nice spending time with them. We ate lots of BBQ all weekend and went to a Redbirds game. I can still taste the Rendezvous ribs we ate before heading over to the stadium.

8. Picked out shingles for a new roof - hard decision for us for some reason.  Usually we are both so decisive when it comes to things like that.  We stepped outside the box a little on this one (it doesn't match the roof of Jamie's detached garage.) Went with the 30 year architectural shingles made by Tamco in Black Walnut color (something tells me I'll need this info some day).

9.  Had dinner (kid-free) with a Missouri girlfriend that was in town working. Always nice to visit with a friend, over dinner and drinks without kids. It was 2 hours of peace and quiet and a whole plate of food to myself.


10.  Found out the under-belly of part of our house (under master bath) has been getting wet for 8 years and insurance isn't going to cover the cost of replacing the shower, 100 square feet of rotten wood and floors and a potentially dangerous mold problem. I'm not positive about the insurance but I'm waiting to hear back from the adjuster.  They already told me that rotten wood is not covered under homeowners insurance. Thank God we have not scheduled a Disney trip or beach trip for this fall, like we had hoped for.

I think that about wraps it up. So you see Blog, I've been slightly preoccupied. To complicate matters slightly, Jamie has been working a ton of overtime which makes me a single parent (not complaining cause we need it for excuse #9). As always, I'm ubber thankful to my Mom and Fred for saving my sanity. They watch the girls for me anytime I need help or when I need a break to go to the gym. Without them you would find me at our local mental health facility.

I promise to get better Blog. No more excuses. Because I truly want my daughters to have documentation of what their childhood was like through my eyes. Ohh how I love saying "my daughters." Ohh how I love being a Mommy.

Sincerely,
Hassie Clare and Quinnie Ray's Mom

No comments: