So .... for 4 months we talked about the concert, watched the DVD of their concert (over and over and over), walked over to the amphitheater several times and played around on the stage and picked out our seats. Hassie Clare memorized Jennifer Nettles dance moves off the DVD and would imitate her at the right spot in the song even when we heard it on the radio.
So the big day finally rolls around and it was 103 degrees outside. The heat index was 114. Not sure what the humidity was but I'm sure it was at an all time high. Plus add 5,000 people in a small area and I'm sure that makes the temp raise a few degrees. No wind or air circulation.
Taking our kids to this concert, in these conditions, might have taken us out of the running for parents of the year. It was dangerous for anyone to be outside in the heat, let alone two 4 year olds. BUT ... we had a blast. I packed a survival backpack with lots of water, juice, baggies of washcloths soaked in ice cubes, snacks, misting spray, etc. We opted to stay at the house until we thought it was time for the headliners to get on stage. Which worked out great cause we had a blast watching Sugarland DVD and dancing around the house in the air-conditioning! One of the bands we missed out on would have been great to see (Little Big Town). We arrived just in time to see their last few songs ... which happened to be my favorite two Little Big Town songs.
We bought snow cones before finding out seats - huge hit with the girls! After being outside for about 10 minutes we were all soaked from head to toe. I had planned on taking pictures with my phone but I was too wet and I was afraid I would ruin my phone. I took these photos when we first got to our seats - along with some cute video.
![]() |
Hassie Clare was in heaven. She LOVED every bit of the night. Do you see that tiny dry spot underneath Jamie's arm on his maroon shirt? It was not there long. |
![]() |
Quinn dropped some of her snow cone so HC did what every good sister would do and scooped out some of hers with her nasty, sweaty hand and put it in her sister's cup. |
Glad we did it. Don't regret it. Made great memories. But we vowed to not go to anymore outdoor concerts in August with the girls ... EVER:) Unless, of course, we are somewhere north of the Mason Dixon line and we won't melt!



No comments:
Post a Comment