Monday, March 22, 2010

Enjoying our peaceful life while it lasts!

Not much has been going on in the Thurman household besides the usual stuff. Life is somewhat boring yet enjoyable. We even had the weekend off with no scheduled activities! Haven't had one of those in months.

Last weekend I enjoyed a visit from Aunt Karrie. She bravely went to play bunko with me on Friday night. Not surprisingly, she fit right in and had a great time. I love my bunko girls. When we get together, it is all about having fun and being girls. There are rarely petty quarrels or disputes - which is extremely rare when you get 12 crazy girls together. Everyone has each others back .... for the most part. You can "let your hair down" and not worry about being judged (it seems to be a monthly thing for me lately:).  The older we all get, the more we appreciate the time we have with our girlfriends ... at least that is how I feel. I have lots of pics from this night but none I can share on my blog:)!

The next day Aunt Karrie and I took the girls to the gym for some indoor swimming. I have no doubt that they will be swimming sometime this summer. They are like little fish! The coolest part of this outing for the girls was the group shower in the girls locker room afterwards.

Taylor took the girls on a few outings. Here are some pics (with the phone) from the past week:

 At the zoo (shockingly the zoo didn't keep them:)

 The Children's Museum - the bug exhibit (notice Quinn's eyes and the grip she has on HC's hand ... she is always on the look out for anything strange and creepy.)

 Tay Tay and the girls enjoying Spring Break.

I let the girls make their own pizza. Crust, sauce, cheese and turkey dots (the girls always ask for "dots" on their pizza.) They love cooking!

No comments: