Hassie Clare: "Mom, how old are you?
Me: "21"
Hassie Clare: "Are you tellin a fib?"
Me: "Yes I am. I'm 25."
Hassie Clare: "Are you tellin a fib?"
Me: "Yes I am. I'm 32."
Hassie Clare: "Are you still tellin a fib cause tellin fibs aren't very nice?"
Me: "Yes I am honey. I'm sorry and you're right. I'm 36 today and I will not tell a fib about my age again."
Hassie Clare. "Okay sweetie. You work on that for me."
So there it is. I'm no longer lying about my age. I've always lied about my age, even when I was a teenager. It's always been a running joke with me and all my gal pals. Especially the younger ones. I've been friends with some of them for over 10 years and they don't know my real age.
The joke is over. I'm 36 years old today and proud of it ... not really.... but I'm getting there. I've lied so much about it over the years that it takes a little getting use too:) I started out lying about being older but somewhere around 25 I started lying about being younger. Come to think of it, my mom always lied about her age. And I think she told me that no one ever knew her mom's real age. Maybe it's genetic and I can't help myself. Whatever the cause, I promise Hassie Clare, I will work on not lying about my age.
PS - Thank you for a great birthday. I loved my homemade cards. My fitness watch is awesome (I have to limit myself using it because my OCD kicks in. I love watching how many calories I burn just by folding clothes). My mother in law got me a "bad to the bone" hair dryer and my always favorite gift - a subscription to People magazine. I also love the movie and candle you guys picked out for me. Breakfast in bed was great! And dinner with friends topped off my birthday celebration. I'm a lucky girl and I thank God for that everyday. It feels spectacular to be exactly where I want to be in life as I turn a year older!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday, Kristi!
Post a Comment