Monday, March 8, 2010

Daddy vs. 3 year old twins

Our sweet little Quinnie Ray.
I'm convinced her genetic makeup is 35% me and 65% her father. Before having children I assumed that having a child with similar personality traits as yourself would make parenting easier. My pre-parenting assumptions were way off. Quinn and Jamie are like oil and water. They are either lovey dovey and best friends OR butting heads over anything and everything. What it boils down to is that they are too much alike. Neither one of them will give in ... EVER! Neither one of them likes to be told what to do .... they only like to do things on their own terms. It is very frustrating for him because he feels like if he gives in to her on any level then that would mean he is not being a good father.  Sometimes it is hard to watch and other times I just sit back and giggle cause it is like watching 2 bulls lock horns.
When neither of them is being challenged, they are as close as close can be. They are both intelligent, serious, caring and have a heart the size of Texas.  She will be a better person because of her father and he will be a better person because of her. They just haven't realized it yet!


Everyone thinks she looks like me but when I look at her I only see Jamie.

Our tender hearted and funny Hassie Clare.
I would guess that her genetic makeup in 75% me and 25% her father. Physically she has her father's hair and complexion but she is a spitting imagine of her cousin Jack and her Aunt Karrie (my sister). Her personality is unique. Very unique.  My pre-parenting assumptions were way off on this also. Her and Jamie get along great. They rarely butt heads. He can hurt her feelings very easily but that is about all the drama there is between them ... outside of the normal 3 year old things. They are nothing alike yet they have so much in common.  She is curious about everything. How things work, what makes them work, why they work. It is fun to watch their relationship blossom.     



What matters the most at the end of the day is that these two little girls have a father that loves them. He just doesn't tell them he loves them he shows them. Every day. His girls call him their "Prince." They tell everyone that they want to marry him someday. I have a feeling they will always feel this way about their Daddy .. minus the teenage years:)

No comments: