This morning a storm passed over us about 6:30am. For some reason, Hassie Clare had been awake in her bed since about 3am. The storm was the perfect opportunity for her to call us in there because she was scared. For the record, neither one of them has ever been afraid of thunder, lightening or rain - in fact we all love it normally.
Jamie went over to comfort her before he left for work. The thunder was fierce ... I'll give her that. So Jamie says "There is nothing to be afraid of sweetie it is just God bowling." Hassie Clare said in her most frantic, scared voice, "God is bowling? Why is he awake so early? It's night night time so he should be asleep." Jamie responded with "God is always awake." Hassie Clare still crying and scared said "Does he bowl all the time when he is awake?" At this point I'm listening over the monitor and dying laughing so I missed the rest of the conversation. It was one of those endless conversations. We have so many of those lately? I guess it will only get worse and more fun as they get older. Needless to say, I ended up with 2 little snuggle bunnies in my bed and I loved every second of it!
The girls started a ballet and tap class a few weeks ago. I love watching them in the dance studio with the other 3-year-old girls twirling around and watching themselves in the mirror. They really seem to enjoy the class. I am still in a little shocked over the sticker price of this class (for 6 months about $850 total - that includes recital stuff). I guess I better get use to forking out money for all of their extra-curricular activities. The "free" Chik-Fila indoor play area and the local library "free" story time can only keep them occupied for so long!
They have traded in all of their princess dresses for leotards and tutu's (they still break out the princess dresses every so often). If we are at the house, it is guaranteed that one or both of them will have one on at all times. Maema loaded them up with every style imaginable. Some with Tutu's, some without, some sleeveless, some long sleeves, removable skirts, removable tutu’s, some with designs, some are plain. Quinnie calls her leotards and tutus a tatoo. It cracks me up so I haven't corrected her. TayTay made the girls the most adorable ballerina bags to take to class. I can't believe I haven’t taken pictures of them at class or in the gear .... I'll work on that at next weeks class.
Let's see .... what else:
The girls and I got Jamie a Wii for his birthday. I just laughed out loud thinking of the girls reading this in 20 years and going "A Wii .... that is such a dinosaur!" Kind of like I do about the original Atari.
I'm on day 5 of my Nutrisystem plan. Feeling great. I'm starting to embrace and enjoy the hunger pangs instead of wanting to eat Ruby. I'm looking forward to my first weigh-in on Friday morning. It seems it would be hard to eat every 3 hours, high fiber and under 1200 calories a day. But this plan is simple to follow for me. I feel like my mental state is in the right place and I'm on a mission! Lord be with me.
Yesterday Jamie took a half-day to be with the girls. He picked them up at 2 and they got home at 7:30 - exhausted and super dirty. They spent the afternoon shopping at electronic stores, visiting with Nana and PawPaw and eating at Chic-Fila. He let them pick out a new movie at Best Buy (Maema they got Mulan so scratch that one off your list). They have such a good time on father - daughter days. They are lucky to have a dad that loves taking them places and hanging out with them. He is always high on life after one of their outings.
After lunch today I told the girls to pick up all of their tools and put them back in the tool box (they were using tools to operate on their baby dolls). Hassie Clare looked at me and said "I'll get back with you on that."
Quinn and Hassie Clare speak well for their age. I've heard that twins usually speak well from an early age. They both say their r's, ch's, etc. All of the sudden, Quinn has decided to stop saying her r's. I think she is mimicking baby talk but I'm sure. It is driving me CRAZY!
Most of the time when I sit down to blog I have no idea what I'm going to blog about. Today's blog is about everything that has gone through my mind in the past 20 mins as I typed this out. Welcome to my mind ... it's busy, slightly compulsive and very, very boring.
No comments:
Post a Comment