I survived the volleyball tournament. I won't lie and pretend I breezed through it like an old pro. It was 90 degrees in the blaring sun and we were out in it from 8:15am until 3pm. The 30spf ultra sweat proof sunscreen had to be reapplied 3 times and I still got too much sun. By 7:00pm that night I had self medicated with 2 muscle relaxers and an anti-depressant ..... I mean anti-inflammatory. Jamie took a few pics of us playing but I deleted them all - for obvious reasons. There were a few instances when I felt like my old, volleyball playing, athletic self ... a few. But 70% of the time I was exhausted and frustrated. Mainly because I am out of shape and carrying the extra weight that is equivalent to the weight of a 6 year old. Overall, I had a good time. I enjoyed the camaraderie of the other players, the competitive spirit and I enjoyed the day with Jamie without any distractions. I'm thinking of participating in a few more local tournaments but I have made a promise to myself to lose some weight and beef up my exercise routine before I play again. Many thanks to Aunt Jenny and Jack for spending the day with our girls so that Jamie could go with me - I needed someone with me to take me to the ER if needed:)
Yesterday I took the day off from work and drove up to Conway to go with my mom to her first radiation treatment. She was recently diagnosed with a rare cancer called Merkel Cell Carcinoma. She had a red bump pop up on her leg several months ago. Long story short, she has 6 weeks of radiation and hopefully that will nip it in the bud!
Party preparations are under way for the girls birthday party. I can't believe they will be 3 in 8 days. We are having a Princess themed birthday party this weekend (with Spiderman undertones per HC request). We are going to have a moon bounce with a slide and Cinderella and her fairy godmother will be making an appearance with balloon bouquets, cookies for all the kids and to read a story. So far we are expecting around 50 folks. The girls are so excited. We talk about it everyday. they are very precise on what they want - Castle cake, individual princess cakes (Quinn - Belle and Hassie Clare - tinkerbell), pinata's (Quinn - princess and Hassie Clare - Spiderman), they picked out their own balloons (Quinn - singing princess baloon and Hassie Clare - Spiderman but she really liked the Princess balloon also). I can not wait to see their face the day of the party!!!
FIRST BIRTHDAY
After a long day of partying and turing 1, they curled up in my lap and passed out. This was the most memorable part of the day for me. The best "thank you" they could have given me!
SECOND BIRTHDAY

No comments:
Post a Comment