Dear Blog,
I apologize for being so neglectful lately. Of course I have multiple excuses, none of them I'm sure you care to hear. I promise to make more time for you and approve upon my time management skills because obviously they are slacking.
Things are looking better this week. Someone stole Jamie's wallet at the movie theater Sunday night. He thought it would show up and did not cancel his debit card. Wouldn't ya know it, someone charged over $200 at a BP station on Shelby Dr. yesterday on his card. Luckily I put a hold on the other accounts. So he spent the afternoon at the bank, police station and Driver's License Bureau. I spent the afternoon on the phone with all 3 credit reporting agencies putting a 90 day fraud alert on his credit and the Circuit Clerk's office getting his a new voter registration card. He doesn't carry much in his wallet. His mom is working on getting his beloved $100 Harbor Freight Gift card reissued that she got him for his birthday.
Other good news is that Hassie Clare's extremely high fever is finally gone ... for good ...... good gracious I hope I'm not jinxing myself. On Monday it got up to 104.8 - THIS IS NOT A TYPO. I about lost it and I'm sure the poor lady at the pediatrician's office thinks I'm a nut job. Maybe because I screamed at her when I she said she could squeeze me in 4 hours later. I screamed at her "Did you not hear me correctly, my 3 year old has a 104.8 fever." Then she calmly and with a sweet voice provided me with their office hours and informed me that they would be out for 2 hours during lunch. Because my kids might read this someday I can't type in here what I said to her next plus I would hate to offend anyone because let me tell ya .... it was foul! Needless to say, we have changed pediatrician clinics. The "new" doc thought it was a bladder infection and put her on a round of antibiotics but the culture came back negative (took 2 days for the results). So he thinks she has another case of Rosieola (I'm sure I butchered the spelling - basically Measles) but she never got the rash. I guess I'll find out for sure if Quinn starts running a fever sometime next week. Thankfully she is feeling much better. She was 38 inches tall and weighed 29.9 pounds. For the record, I plan on apoligizing to the receptionist at our former clinic when I go in to pick up the girls medical records ;>}
My work life has also been in high gear for about 6 weeks. Not complaining one bit but the long hours are weighing heavy on me. In fact, I'm taking a break from paperwork to write to you Blog and it's 9:30 on a Thursday night. See ... I do still love you!
So basically, I have a ton of new things to blog about but life is just not cutting me any slack at this time. I have lots of pics to load from our weekend with Maema and Kevin. That will be my next project, I promise, in my spare time.......... who needs sleep anyway!
Sincerely,
Kristi
PS - Jamie's Godson was born on Monday (our 7th wedding anniversary). His name is Ben Randell Hammer (Ben after his daddy and Randell after his grandfather that passed away a few years ago). We could not be any happier for the Hammer family and Jamie has been beaming with pride since they asked him to be his Godfather!!!! (FYI - Ben is Quinn's Godfather) I can not wait to get my hands on him for some baby lovin:)
2 comments:
I loved this one! Good news is that I can keep up with yall...bad news is that we never spend time together and live so close. We must change that! :) I love that you find the positive out of the negative. I have told folks that is one of the things I love about you!
Jenny
Ahhhs shucks Jenny ... thank you:) Why don't we change the "never spend time together yet live so close thing?" I'm game!
Post a Comment