Run down of events from the week-
- Good news is that the HORRIBLE storm that came through a week ago did not do any structural damage to our house - bad news is that we lost 2 big trees, one of them being my favorite tree (Jamie is out in the 98 degree heat cutting them up as I type this).
- Good news is that we had a safe 1 day trip to MO and back - bad news is that we went for a funeral for a loved one (see previous post).
- Good news is that the surgeon was able to fix my Freddie's heart without doing bypass on Thur - the bad news is that he had to have heart surgery (he is home and feeling good now).
- Good news is that my mom finished her 3rd week of radiation and the tumors appear to be getting smaller - the bad news is that she has cancer in her leg.
- Good news is that Jamie fixed the air-conditioning tubing that was completely pulled out - the bad new is that the water leaked into our ceiling and down the wall between my room and laundry room causing major water damage in the laundry room and my room.
- Good news is that I have a job and have been extremely busy this week which equals job security - the bad news is that I'm exhausted and could use a break.
- Good news is that Jamie will have lots of overtime pay on his next check - bad news is that he has been working lots of hours.
- Good news is that I received a check from a credit card company for $200 stating I overpaid - bad news is that it was an error and I believe in karma so I'm sending it back.
- Good news is we have 2 adorable kittens - bad news is that we HAVE to find a home for them quickly.
- Good news is that my little family is all healthy - bad news is that we have to spend the weekend getting our yard and house back in shape after 2 weeks of neglect!
- Good news is that I have wonderful Father's all around me - bad news is that Father's Day is tomorrow and I haven't mailed or purchased one Father's Day card or gift. Same goes for our wedding anniversary that is on Monday.
- Good news is that we are going to the beach for a week - bad news is that it is a month away (if you really call that bad news:)!
Overall, we are blessed but tired and ready for an uneventful, boring week to come.... if there is such a thing!
Funny thing HC said yesterday. We had our water turned off all day because at the time we were not sure of where the water in the ceiling was coming from. Of course this means they could not flush the toilet all day which really bothered Hassie Clare. As soon we got home she told us that the potty was broken cause it needed batteries. Which ... to her makes since cause when one of her toys is broken it is usually because it needs batteries! So she got her tool box and some batteries and we went in to fix it (really Jamie just turned the main water line back on:).
No comments:
Post a Comment