Monday, May 11, 2009

A Mother's Day letter to my little girls

Dear Hassie Clare and Quinn,
Being your mother is a dream come true for me. I think God every day that he made me your mommy. The love I have for you fills every particle of my existence.

There was a time when I wasn't sure if I would ever be a mom and get to celebrate Mother's Day. Because of you, I get to celebrate being a mother everyday. Some days are challenging but I even count those days as great because at the end of the day, I get to hold you, I get to hug and kiss you and I get to tell you how much I love you.

Hassie Clare - I love your free spirit. I love how you are like no one else I have every known. You are quirky, unique and full of personality. I love how you demand multiple hugs and kisses from me every time I'm leaving a room. I love how you tuck your head up under my chin and curl your tiny body up on my chest. I love when something catches you by surprise and you laugh out loud. You have the sweetest laugh and it makes everyone around you laugh. I love how giving you are and how well you share with others. I love how you sit in the floor with your legs straight out in front of you and read books all by yourself - it makes me smile every time. I love your peppy attitude and how you say "go for it." I love your crazy, curly wild hair. I love the way you look in my eyes when you give me kisses. I love the fact that no matter how much people will try and change you, you will always be just you. I want you to know that you are the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Quinnie - You are the most sensitive, loving child I have every known. You are already a nurturer and caretaker. I love your sweet little high-pitched voice. I love the way you look just like your daddy one minute and me the other. I love how you get so excited about new toys, especially baby dolls. I love how gentle you are with babies, animals, toys. I love how loyal you are, even as a 2 year old. I love how you belly laugh at your sister for no reason. I love how you wrap your arm around our neck when you snuggle. I love how you grab my face when you give me kisses. I love how you lean over to rub noses with me for no reason. I love how passionate you are about food:) I love how you say "I love you disco" when I tell you I love you more. I love how innocent you are. I want you to know that you are the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Being your mother is the thing I am most thankful for in this world. I love being your mommy. I am proud to be you mommy. I love that every morning I get that excited feeling in my stomach right when I wake up because I realize that I get to be your mom all over again that day.

Thank you for a wonderful Mother's Day. It was just a "normal" day but it is a reminder of how very grateful I am to be your mother.

I love you both more then you will ever know,
Mommy

PS - I realize I'm very sappy and if you read this during your teenage years you will think your mother is a total cornball. But give it a few more years and hopefully you will start to understand a mother's love ..... that is IF you decide you want to be a mother. I'm not pushing anything ... I promise:)

1 comment:

Dana said...

Best pic I have ever seen of mom...