Monday, May 11, 2009

Events from my Mother's Day

After a fun but exhausting day of attending the Miracle Baby Reunion and shopping all day with my mom and the girls on Sat, I planned on a nice relaxing Sunday (aka Mother's Day). To some this might seem like I'm complaining. I can assure you I am not. I would not have changed a thing.

1) 12:30 am - we jump out of bed to the sound of our home alarm going off. Mom decided she needed something out of her car. We get the alarm turned off and reset. The girls wake up from all the commotion.
2) 4 am - Hassie Clare wakes up screaming "I'm soaked." She had an accident in her bed but it wasn't her fault. We were not on our normal schedule that day and we let her drink as much as she wanted up until 10pm!!!! Jamie cleaned her up and changed her bedding.
3) 5:10am - Quinn wakes up wanting me. Then Hassie Clare wakes up wanting me. We rocked for about 10 minutes and they were out. When they are exhausted they never sleep well. We didn't even stop long enough for them to take a nap on Sat.
4) 9am - Jamie gets up with the girls. I get to sleep in cause it is all about me today:)
5) 9:30am - The house gets very quite. I really don't care why, I just roll over and fall into a deep sleep.
6) 10:30 - I hear my moms voice calling me but I realize I'm dreaming about something really good and I really want to find out the outcome of my dream. Plus, I was in the perfect, most comfortable spot. Do you know what I mean .... when you wake up and you don't want to move an inch because your body is in the perfect position? Ignoring her didn't work. She crawled into bed with me, started rubbing my back and kissing me. I woke up ...... with a little protest.
7) 11:30 - Jamie and the girls return from the store and Jamie makes mom and I breakfast in bed (mushroom, onion, bell pepper, cheese omelet).
8) 1:30 - Kiss my folks good bye as they leave for Arkansas and we head out to Garden Ridge to look for a couple concrete planters for the front yard. We didn't find the planters but I found some really cute summer / beach hats.
9) 4:30 - Randomly picked somewhere new and different to eat for dinner. We decided on Molly's on Overton Square since we were close.
10) 8pm - Tucked the girls into bed, grabbed a Drumstick ice cream out of the freezer and curled up in bed with Jamie to watch TV (Bride Wars and Law & Order SVU). Jamie made it about 2.3 minutes before falling asleep.

No comments: