Going to the grocery store, or any store for that matter, with my mother is an experience all in itself. I dash into a store, get what I need and get out. My mother is not capable of this no matter what her reasoning is for going into store. I needed to run into Kroger to get a few things for her birthday dinner I was cooking for everyone that night. I managed to get a full weeks of groceries (one full basket) in the time it took her to go down the toy / holiday isle!!!!!! By the time I took everything out to the car, loaded the girls in ... she was finished checking out and walked out of the store with a few bags. DRIVES ME NUTS but it is also one of the things I love about her. In those few bags were goodies she thought we would enjoy and toys for the grand babies:)
Uncle Dave, Jenny, Jack and Josie came over for dinner and cake. We missed the rest of the family but had a good time.
I wonder who switched the 65 to 56 ... hhuummmmm.
My mother is so special to me. She is so many things to me other then a mother. I look forward to talking to her every day. She makes me laugh like no one in the world can. I'm talking about those laugh out loud, full belly laughs and it is usually over the silliest of things. As a mother, I can't imagine not having her praise, love and wisdom to grab onto while I'm raising my children. I feel so lucky and thankful to have her in my life. I would be lost without her.
No comments:
Post a Comment