Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas morning 2011

Notice I'm fudging about my blog dates??? .... I've gotten a bit behind and I gotta squeeze all the dates in before the end of the year so they can go in the 2011 blog book. Shhhhhh......

In all honesty, I'm trying my hardest to teach my kids what I think is the true meaning of Christmas. But I get wrapped up in the whole frenzy of presents just like the best of them. I have not been able to find a happy medium. We talk a great deal about God, especially during Advent. We talk about charity, A LOT. Almost to a point where Hassie Clare (our little humanitarian) loves to give things away, to anyone, for any reason. I told everyone that we try not to buy our kids lots of gifts at Christmas so that they don't forget what Christmas is all about. I really thought I was taking a minimalist approach this year. But as I got everything out to set up, I quickly realized that I'm a big, fat liar. I've realized that I love buying my kids presents and seeing the excitement on their face when they see everything Santa left for them (note to self - wrap a present from Mom and Dad to put under the tree next year so that your kids don't ask you a thousand times "where is our present from you Mommy?"). I selfishly want them to have childhood memories of being lavished with lots of gifts from Santa. Maybe next year I'll do better and practice what I preach!



Quinnie Ray's presents from Santa.

Hassie Clare's presents from Santa.



 Here are 2 of the many .... MANY ... Christmas Carols we heard from our sweet little angels during the holiday season. :)  



No comments: