Originally started this post in May 2011. Never finished it. Shocker. Thought I would throw it in to this years blog book anyway! Hey girls ... if you are looking for our Disney pictures from when you were 4 years old, look for the black, leather bound book with Mickey Mouse on the front. I had all our pics and memories printed into a keepsake book but there is only one of them ... SHARE!
Disney World was magical in every sense of the word. There is no other way to describe it. The whole time we were there, I had this overwhelming feeling of gratitude. I felt extremely lucky to be there with my family. This joy brought tears to my eyes at least once a day. Maybe they pump something in to the air that triggers all those warm and fuzzy feelings. Or maybe, just maybe .... the place really is magical.
We had the time of our lives. I loved every bit of it and wouldn't trade all the awesome memories for anything in the world. One thing that I have thought of daily since we have been back is the way Hassie Clare would lean over and kiss our hand or arm or hip ... anything she could reach. We would look down at her and smile and she would say "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. This is the best day of my whole life!" She did this randomly throughout the week. I'm telling ya... the place was M. A. G. I. C. A. L.
We stayed at Port Orleans - French Quarter Resort in building #4. It was perfect for us. Not too fancy, great amenities, awesome pool for little kids and adults, great location, lots of character, nice big rooms, good food, good bars, cute gift shop, wonderful staff ... I could go on and on. Even the housekeeper was great .... and we had the same one all 7 days. She would leave cute little washcloths and towels made into an animal or Disney character.
We went the first week of April and had high hopes of missing the heat. According to the locals, the week we went was the first hot week of the season. The nights were perfect but the days were a bit steamy (between 85-90 degrees with high humidity and no breeze). Once we embraced the heat we all handled it much better. Plus I changed our itinerary up to sleeping in, going swimming for a few hours, eating lunch, taking a nap and then hitting the parks. We ended up closing down the parks at midnight on more then one occasion.
**Notes to Add to post-
HC's favorite ride was Splash Mountain.
Quinn's fav part of the trip was the resort water slide and sleeping in with Mommy and Daddy.
Quinn was scared of every character except the Princesses.
We all loved all the shows, fireworks and food.
**Pics to Edit and add captions (pull more pics off phone) -
And this is as far as I got on this post. This vacation was one of the best vacations ever. Hopefully it was good enough that we will remember it forever ... especially since I never finished this blog post!



No comments:
Post a Comment