Dear Quinn Rayann,
You don't know it yet but you hold the softest spot in my heart. You are beautiful beyond words, inside and out. My theory is that God picked the best parts of me, the best parts of your Daddy, threw in some extra special mojo and created you. Thankfully you look like your father but every now and then I will catch a glimpse of you in a picture and I think you look just like me.
Your laugh brings smiles to everyone around you. Everything you do is for a purpose. You are genuine to the core. Your hugs and kisses are not frequent but where they lack in quantity they make up for in quality. When you show affection towards someone, you mean it. It is never for show or attention. In fact, you would much rather not be the center of attention. But you love that your twin sister is usually the center of attention. What I find cool is that I can tell you are proud of her and you love when she gets the attention that she wants.
You are still leery of everything and everyone....just as you have always been. The scariest place in the world to you is Toys R Us because of all the talking and moving toys. You still hate Halloween (except for the candy part) and anything in costume. I'm not sure how we will every make it at Disney World next month. I might need to check into toddler tranquilizers. I'm joking...kind of.
This year you turned 4 years old. You are growing into such a responsible, loving and brilliant little girl. In the past year you have learned to control that feisty, stubborn temper a little better. You are still ridiculously picky about your clothes and your hair. Pants are a maybe but blue jeans are out of the question. You say that they give you wedgies:) So this winter we compromised. You will wear pants but they have to be soft and if they give you wedgies then you can wear them without your panties. That's right ... you are 4 and 99.999 percent of time you are going commando if you are wearing pants! Clothing can not be fitted, scratchy, too long, too short, too big, etc. You have rules about everything (Nana has said that about me since I was a little girl .... I still argue that your "rules" are worse:)! As soon as you walk in the door you start taking off all your clothes. If I let you, you would wear night gowns, go barefoot and have your hair hanging in your face all day, every day.
I can already tell that you are going to have a lot of friends. People are drawn to you. You are a girly girl. You are friendly to everyone, compassionate, patient, sensative, loving and very kind to your peers. One thing I know for sure, people will be lucky to have you as a friend. You have a sense of loyalty and selflessness about you that is rare.
Hassie Clare is your best friend (Anna Peyton and Abby Grace come in at second and third). The two of you go to bed every night solving the problems of the world, planning your "dress-up" wardrobe for the next day and talking about the day you just had. You wake up every morning and can't wait to start playing with each other.... usually something involving barbies, dolls, stuffed animals and your very vivid imaginations. Something that has changed this year is that you have started standing up for yourself, especially against Hassie Clare. You're still patient and understanding with her but you don't let her get away with as much. In fact, you have learned to dish it out a little bit.
You rarely cry but when you do it breaks my heart. Your father turns into mush when you pop out tears.
You are still a momma's girl through and through .... thank God!
I am very, very proud of you. Watching you grow up is one of the coolest things I've ever been a part of. I tell you all the time how much I love being your mother. Sometimes I look at you and think, "I can't believe that big, blue eyed beauty is my daughter." I'm so very, very lucky.
I'm looking forward to this next year and all the adventures it will bring. But in the meantime, I'm enjoying every single minute of my time with you.
I love you disco,
Mommy
CHEERS TO 2010!

No comments:
Post a Comment