Friday, December 31, 2010

Ciao 2010 - HC

Dear Hassie Clare,
My sweet, crazy, adventurous, wild, compassionate, little Hassie Clare bear. You surprise me on a daily basis. You have more energy in your little finger then most folks have in their entire body. You are strong, determined, shameless, brutally funny and I love every ounce of your existence.
I have said this from the second you were born and I will say it again. You are an unique soul. It is such a gift to be your mother.
You have come leaps and bounds socially over the past year. Of course Quinnie Ray is your best friend but you have made other friends at your school. If I had to guess, you will probably have more guy friends than girlfriends. You love girly things (dolls, Barbies, dress up, princess stuff, etc.) but you are amazed and giddy over boys and the way they play.
You sing from the minute you wake up in the morning until you go to sleep at night. Your all time favorite songa are Annie's "The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow" and the Ariel (The Little Mermaid) song "Part of Your World."  You also enjoy singing Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift and bible songs (You've got the Whole World In Your Hands, I'm in the Lord's Army, Jesus Loves Me, etc.). My favorite are your "made-up" songs. Your nanny started writing down some of them because she thinks they will be worth a lot of money some day:) The funny part about your love of singing is that you throw in your own unique style in each song. You butcher the words on purpose. And you love to make it as dramatic as possible, especially by hitting high notes and carrying them on and on until someone acknowledges your gift. I love it!!!
One of my favorite qualities about you is your larger than life heart. You are so compassionate and you have a general concern about the health and happiness of others. You don't find that quality in many 4 year old kids.
We still struggle daily with your listening skills. I'm pretty sure it is something we will battle with for years to come. It is so hard disciplining you because you are so darn cute!
You will do anything for a laugh. Your father and I just look at each other and bust out laughing sometimes because of your "off the wall" candid humor. You are quirky and unlike anyone I've ever known. I envy you for your free spirit and your love of life.
I say this with a big grin on my face ....you have an extremely strong need to be around me at all time. You don't like me leaving the room without you and if I do leave the room you demand hugs and kisses before I leave. You get hysterically nutso if I get out of your sight when we are not at home. When I take a shower, you sit right beside the shower and periodically lean in for a kiss. You are my very own personal stalker! It drives your father crazy sometimes. I don't mind it ... for obvious reasons. I know you will grow out of it someday and when that day comes, I will be sad.
The year 2011 will be a bit challenging for you. You will be starting "big girl" school in the fall where you will be separated from me all day and from your sister part of the day. I promise this is for your own good. And I also promise to be there for you with open, loving arms and a compassionate heart.
We also have a lot to look forward to in 2011. You are starting a new gymnastics class and I know you will thrive. You have so much natural athletic ability. You will probably learn to read this year. You might even loose your first tooth.
I thank God every night that you are my daughter. You challenge me as a mother and keep me on my toes. I hope I can be more like you when I grow up!

Your #1 fan,
Mommy

P.S. I love you disco!  

No comments: