Thursday, July 16, 2009

Professional Photo - 2.5 year old


Last fall after the Susan B. Komen Breast Cancer 5k walk, a girlfriend and I decided to window shop at all the cute stores they have where the race ends. Of course I HAD TO GO INTO (I say this sarcastically) the Strasburg Children store. I love this place and could spend a fortune on the beautiful dresses and specialty clothing they carry. However, with the beauty of their clothing comes a hefty price tag. Needless to say, I don't shop there much. Actually, I shop there often but RARELY purchase anything.
On this particular fall morning, I was weak. Plus the outfits I liked were on sale if you purchased 2 of them. In addition to the discount for purchasing 2 outfits, you got a free sitting fee and 8X10 with Jaffe Studios in Memphis. SOLD.
Fast forward to March of this year, we decided to take advantage of the outfits and the free sitting fee. Needless to say, they are wearing their Strasburg outfits in this picture. Many folks are amazed that they are holding still, holding hands and both smiling at the camera. As much as I would like to brag about how well disciplined they are and that if I tell them to sit still and smile then they instantly follow my command, I realize that I would be a big, fat, full of youknowwhat, liar. The photographer had a stuffed Barney on a retractable stick. This smile is their "I'm slightly scared but entertained" smile. The photo session lasted about 4 mins. We got one good picture out of it and few okay shots that I somehow got talked into buying. All in all, great experience. I'm not crazy about posed studio pictures but I thought this one was sweet.
Note to self - make sure hair bows look good from a front angle before having studio pictures taken of your kids!

No comments: