So, I took Hassie Clare to the doctor this morning because she has had a runny nose and serious eye issues for 7 days. I was thinking it was just allergies ... everyone and their brother is having problems right now. Her little eyes are matted shut every morning. It looks like something out of a horror movie after she wakes up. After 5 min. of a warm rag and a little rubbing she can get them open. Dr. Lacy seems to think that it is conjunctivitis and not allergies because they are not itchy. He also thinks she has sinusitis going on. Long story short, another 5-7 days of antibiotic eye drops and a round of antibiotics.
We have a $20 co-pay so if I have an appointment for one of the girls I usually bring the other one along just to get a "free" check of her ears. Dr. Lacy has twins also so he understands. Quinn is not having any problems but for giggles I asked the doc to peek in her ears. Low and behold she has a freakin ear infection. Never in a million of years would I have guessed Quinn has an infection in her ear. Up until 6 weeks ago, she has NEVER had one. This is the same ear that was infected about 6 weeks ago so we get another week of antibiotics and a re-check in 7 days.
On a more positive note, we have 2 new itty bitty additions to the family. I'll post about that later:)
For the second time in 2 years and 9 months, Hassie Clare and Quinn had an overnight stay without us! Jenny and Umple Dave (this is how they say it) graciously kept the girls for us on Sat night so that we could enjoy a nice evening at a friends wedding and get a peaceful nights rest. IT WAS HEAVEN! Jamie and I both looked at each other Sun morning and said "Wow ... it feels like we have had a vacation .... now let's go get our kids." It is amazing how recharged you can feel with just a little break. It makes it even more refreshing when you know you children are in great hands. Aunt Jenny and Uncle Dave are the girl's Godparents and Aunt / Uncle. So we figure they are bound to them by God and blood:) They have so much fun at their house playing with their cousin's stuff. Aunt Jenny always does something special for them when they come over. She ordered pizza this time cause she knows how much the girls love to chow on pizza. I'm so thankful that my kids have cousins to grow up with and an Aunt and Uncle that love them so dearly. My parents moved here when we were young leaving all of our extended family in Cali so we never got to know any of our cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc. Luckily Jamie and I love hanging out with my brother and sister in law, so that makes "family time" that much better! Did I mention we are all going to the beach together in few months .... YAHOO!
No comments:
Post a Comment