Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Funny comments of the week

I'm sure every parent experiences this with their toddler but OMG ... the stuff that comes out of their mouth keeps us in stitches. Let me preface what I'm about to type with a little explanation. The girls are petrified of mold, mainly black flaky mold. About 6 months ago I was going through their bath toys and at the bottom of the basket there was a squirt toy and when I squirted it in the bathtub mold came shooting out (I promise I usually keep their bathroom and bath toys clean ... it was just one of those things). Of course I screamed, the girls reacted on my reaction so needless to say, they think mold is like the bubonic plaque or something.

Here is a conversation between Quinn and my mom last weekend while she is rocking her:

Quinn: "I see your nickle Nana." Referring to a large brown mole on my moms chest that is visible in the shirt she is wearing. Remember Quinn calls nipples ..... nickles.
Nana: "That is not my nipple baby that is a mole."
Quinn frantically jumps out of my moms lap and screams "I don't like mold Nana."
My mom and I laughed for an hour.

Here are some other funny things they said this morning:

Both of them say "the early day" instead of the "the other day."
They say Chicalay instead of Chick Fila.
Quinn says "yeah" after everything she says. Like she is from Wisconsin near the Canadian boarder. Ever see the movie Fargo? She says it in a very sweet voice almost as if she is convincing herself of something. So flippin cute.
Here is a statement from this morning:
"Mommy, are we going to Chicalay with Tay Tay like we did the early day? Yeah Yeah. We went the early day. Yeah Yeah."

When I took them to the doctor last week, we encouraged the girls to tell Dr. Lacy that they use the big girl potty. So they told him they use the potty and wear big girl panties. At that point, Hassie Clare lifted up her little sundress, pulled down her bloomers and said "look, I'm wearing Princess Jasmine panties." The girl has no modesty. Not sure where she gets that from:)

1 comment:

Paula Jennings said...

My girls call Chick fil a chickalay as well. It is so cute!