We got up Sat morning and headed up to the church Easter Egg hunt. They had an hour of fun filled children's activities prior to the hunt. We played games, did crafts, listened to an Easter story and enjoyed the other 200 other pre-school aged children that were there also. Nana, Paw Paw and Amy went with us. The weather was perfect! We decided to grab an early lunch afterwards on the patio at Mcallisters. Here is a pic from Jamie's phone (notice Quinn's eye looking a little swollen and red ... again .... I'm just thinking it is allergies):

After lunch mom and I dropped the crew off at the house and headed out for an afternoon of shopping. We had a great time as always. My mom has a way of making me laugh like no one else can. I also appreciate her brutally honest opinions while shopping. **Note to self ... never take her bathing suit shopping with me!**
We returned to the house 6 hours later. I walked into the kitchen to my two little ones playing on the kitchen floor. They smiled and looked up at me and my heart sank. Both of them had flaming pink eyes with goo dripping from them. I immediately called the after hours doc office and they called in some antibiotic eye drops. Within 20 mins they had their first round of eye drops!
The Thurman household has been on lock down since Sat afternoon and I must say, it is not near as bad as I thought it would be. Yes, we missed going to my brother and sister in law's house for Easter dinner but they sent us over a bag full of "some lovin from the oven." In fact, I'm nibbling on a piece of Lemonade Pie as I type this!
Pictures do not do the girls justice on just how pitiful they looked! Here are a few pics where you can see their right eyes just don't look right.
The thought of putting 2 eye drops in two years olds eyes, 4 times a day sounds like a nightmare to me. BUT. Quinn puts up a little bit of a fight by clinching her eyelids shut. Sometimes I think I need the jaws of life to prey them open. However, when I tell her it is time for eye medicine she hops in my lap. Hassie Clare has got to be the only 2 year old that just lays there with her eyes open and lets me put 2 drops in each eye. I think she even looks forward to it! As I've always said, Hassie Clare walks to the beat of her own drum. She is in no way "normal" and I hope she never will be!
I'll do a big blog entry about all of our fun Easter festivities BPE (before pink eye).
2 comments:
poor babies. I am glad it did not slow them down.
This looks great, Kristi! The girls are going to love this when they get older....lol.
Post a Comment