Thursday, February 12, 2009

Snakes, Nickels and HUH

My thoughts are that I will "try" and post during the week about funny things the girls say, what they are doing developmentally, how I feel as their mother ... basically everything I want to remember someday when I look back and read this blog. Plus, this will help loved ones that live near and far keep up with our crazy lives.

Today's topic: Snakes, "nickels" and the word "HUH"

Now remember my girls are 2.5 (actually they are 2.8 but for all practical purposes we will say two and a half).

1) Snakes
Our wonderful nanny Taylor (AKA Tay Tay) took the girls outside today to play in this outstanding weather. Hassie Clare climbed up in her playhouse and started screaming bloody murder. She was yelling "It's snake Tay Tay, it's a snake." Tay Tay captured a pic with her phone.

But really it was just a little worm crawling up the slide. Ohhhhh good times!

2) "Nickels"

The girls are in a mother's day out program a couple of days a week ... we call it school. So at school today they had a Valentine's party and got lots of candy and stickers. Tonight while I was cooking dinner Quinn was sticking sticker on my legs, belly .. basically anywhere she could reach. So I leaned down to tell her how much I liked her stickers and she started sticking them to my chest while saying "I puttin stickers on you boobies." I corrected her and told her she was putting them on my chest and that my boobies were lower. I then pulled my shirt down to point out the difference of where my chest is and where my breast are and she said "you have pretty nickels mommy." In case you didn't get it ... nickels are also known as nipples in our household. She cracks me up!!!!

3) HUH

I'm not sure if we need to get Hassie Clare's hearing checked or what but she is driving me CRAZY by saying "HUH" after everything thing we say. Is it a 2 year old thing or what?????? I'm not convinced it is her hearing because she doesn't seem to say it when I ask her if she wants to go outside to play or if she wants a snack. I wonder if they have a test for "selective hearing."


No comments: