Time sure does fly when you are having fun! Instead of having a big bash at our house like we do most years to celebrate their special day, we all decided to have their party at this super cool, new indoor trampoline park. The place is BAD TO THE BONE. My highly opinionated 6 year olds decided they were too old for a "Barbie" party or a "American Girl" party ... whatever. They decided on a gum ball themed party since they love gum!
I got lucky and found some cute gum themed invites, party favors and balloons. In keeping with tradition, my girlfriend / hairdresser / cake baker made their cake and I think she was more excited about the theme than any of us! I booked the deluxe jump package at the trampoline park and I was done! I thought it turned out cute and it was just what Hassie Clare and Quinn wanted.
Invitations and little gumball machine party favors
The picture does not do the cake justice. It looked JUST like a real gumball machine in real life.
Uncle Dave, Aunt Jenny and Jojo
Quinnie and her long standing BFF Anna Peyton (even though they never get to see each other - AP is a year older and goes to a different school)
Quinnie with some school buds.
Hassie Clare and slightly over stimulated. She is much more into the action then hanging out with her friends. She had a BLAST!
Some of the grownups had just as much fun! I was one of them but there is no way in hell I'm posting any of the pics of me on here. Note to self - never wear a skort (skirt with built in shorts) to a trampoline park and always wear a sports bra x's 3!
The girls individual cakes were a dime and a penny..... for the gumball machine of course!
My birthday girls. I absolutely can not rap my mind around how 6 years has gone by. How is the world did I get this darn lucky????
Quinnie's big toe nail feel off as we were handing out the party favors. It was slightly traumatic for her and horribly disgusting for the rest of us.
We ran out of time at the birthday party so we opened presents at home. Soooo much easier this way with two kids opening presents at the same time without 28 other kids trying to help.
As always, Maema made the trip down for their party and spent a few days spoiling them rotten. Spending time with her was hands down their favorite gift. Nana and Paw Paw ventured out and joined us at the party. Hassie Clare and Quinn were surrounded by family and friends and they said, "this is the bestest birthday party ever!"
No comments:
Post a Comment