Friday, June 8, 2012

Adventures of living like a redneck ... and loving it!



Our little river rats.

I mentioned to Jamie a few weeks ago that we should take the girls camping. I was always envious as a child of the families in our neighborhood that went camping. They would occasionally take me with them and I thought it was the coolest thing ever! Well, Jamie quickly reminded me that I am not your typical outdoorsy type girl. Tent sleeping is not my cup of tea. So I suggested we start looking for a good deal on a used pop-up camper with a good air conditioner. BAM ..... 3 days later we were the proud owners of a nice pop up camper. I was impressed with how far they have come. It has a sink, fridge, potty, shower, heated beds, outdoor shower, screened in porch. I think I can handle that kind of camping!

When I booked our first trip I made sure to book it at a campground not too far from home in case we needed to bolt in the middle of the night. :) Oh ye of little faith.

Little did I know that we would LOVE camping. Even me! The girls and I swam in the lake, we ate like champs, we snuggled lots, swam at the campground pool, rode bikes, and went on several adventures. In fact, Quinnie learned how to stop and start by herself on her bike now that her training wheels are off! The girls loved the freedom of the campground. We went on walks and checked out every bug, leaf and dead fish. I taught them how to skip rocks on the water.

We are hooked to say the least!
All camping trips require a trip to the Walmart. Look closely at our basket. HC is the opposite of a claustrophobic.

Our own personal chef.
This is what Quinn thinks of her Daddy's pancakes:

Roasting s'mores.

Eating junk food and watching movies at night time... talk about roughing it!  
Hassie Clare was trying to be so tough in front of her new camping buddies:


Quinnie was a wild woman on her bike once she got started... but always safe and cautious.

JT's home away from home - we like to kick it redneck style:)

Skipping rocks.

No comments: