Tuesday, April 17, 2012

What is the legal age for manuel labor?

I have a feeling Jamie and I might violate a few of the child labor laws. At 5 years old my girls can unload most of the dishwasher (I pull out sharp knives and anything that goes up high), unload the dryer, fold towels and bed linens, clean their playroom, help carry in some groceries, clean their bathroom (they use lysol wipes to wipe down everything), change out the bathroom garbage bags, clean their room and make their beds. Is that too much for a 5 year old? They work together as a team by either assisting each other or splitting up the chores. At this age most of the work is fun for them and they enjoy helping us (Quinnie more so than HC).

I'm in charge of the inside of the house and Jamie is in charge of the outside of the house. He quickly caught on to the concept of using our children as free laborers.

.


I told the girls a few weeks ago that our household is a well oiled machine and that everyone has to pitch in to make it run smoothly. Quinnie Ray told me "I have a great idea. Why don't you buy some oil at the store so we don't have to do all have the work and we can crawl in bed and snuggle instead?" I wish it was that easy Quinnie Ray but I love how you think!

No comments: