So I officially made it an entire month without blogging. Some of you might wonder if I gave it up for Lent. The answer is no ........ I gave up peanut butter. It was the hardest thing I've ever done. Anyway, the past month has been the busiest month of my entire life. I over committed myself, once again, to waaayyy too many things but I've paid the price! Someday I will learn.
It all started when I
got suckered into volunteered to be the assistant soccer coach. No big deal - season is only 5 weeks long. Before I knew what was happening, I
got bullied into offered to coach a 5 year old Coach pitch softball team in a neighboring town that evidently takes little girl softball VERY seriously. I had the perfect assistant coach, great parental support and one of my girls begging to play (more on that later). Sounds like a no-brainer .... I came up with a cute team name, let my girls pick our colors and went to the draft and picked girls that either went to our school or girls the same age as my girls so that we could be together forever. Little did I know that soccer season and softball season overlapped by 3 weeks. So for 3 weeks I put my kids through hell racing them around town every evening and weekend to soccer games, softball practices and on most days, both. I officially became one of those insane helicopter parents that I swore I would never be. We basically lived out of my car and off fast food. I will NEVER again do that to my children. Shame on me.
In the meantime, I was finishing up the long road of RCIA (aka - becoming Catholic). It was a long 9 months and this subject needs it's own blog entry .... or 4. We had retreats, practices, classes .... but the ending was bittersweet.
Thrown into the mix of all this craziness was pink eye (HC) and the worse case of strep (Quinn) I've ever seen. It even got in her eyes! Horrible, nasty stuff that went undiagnosed for 5 days because I thought she had pink eye!
 |
| Quinnie Ray with her swollen little face. |
 |
| We spent lots of time at different doctor offices. They are all dressed up because we had just left a beautiful ceremony at church where my parent's renewed their vows and my Mom was confirmed as a Catholic (more on that later when I can retrieve photos off my camera). |
 |
Even when she started feeling a little bit better she would not open her eyes due to light sensitivity. Once we figured out that it was strep, she was a new little girl within 24 hours. Symptoms - red, swollen, painful eyes, headache, doesn't want to eat, only wants to sleep = Strep Throat. Who would have thought!
|
 |
| While Quinnie was puny, Hassie Clare was kicking butt on the soccer field. Once I told her she could get an ice cream if she scored a goal, she scored 3 goals in the very next game. I see so many things wrong with my bribe but whatever it takes .. right? :) |
 |
| Hassie "I will do anything for ice cream" Clare |
In case I get sidetracked and never blog about our soccer season again I have to mention that Quinn scored 2 goals in one game after she came back from her illness. We are still not sure how that happened. She is not what we would call a "go getter" on the soccer field. Once HC would score in a game Quinn would ask to sit out the rest of the game cause she was already guaranteed an ice cream. She said that way she would not have to get sweaty. That is how Quinnie Ray rolls.
 |
| Quinnie "I perfer not to sweat" Ray |
Let's see ... what else. Jamie and I loaded up my mom and the girls and took a one night trip over to eastern TN for my adorable niece's first birthday. The party was beyond precious ... just like our Paisley. We stopped at an ubber cool kids Science Center in Nashville on the way home ( 99.9% sure this is where we picked up the pink eye and possibly the strep.) I didn't take any pics on our entire trip! Unless maybe I took some with our actual camera and not my phone but in that case, I can't access any pics because my external storage device is acting like a little bitch and I can't download pics right now. So there you have it .. another excuse why I haven't blogged in over a month.
My best friend from high school has a daughter, who is also my Goddaughter. Hassie Clare and Jamie got to go to her royal princess party while Quinn and I went to doctor.
 |
Hassie Clare (5.5) and Ava (6) at Sweet & Sassy
|
Milestone wise it was a big month for us:) Both girls are officially swimmers without floaties and bike riders without training wheels. HUGE deal in the Thurman household.
I finally figured out how to load pics onto my blog directly from my iphone (temporary fix while my pic hard drive is being fixed). Maema put a serious guilt trip on me about my lack of blogging so I better get busy catching up!
PS - Please let me know if you find my mind anywhere .... I really need it back!
No comments:
Post a Comment