Friday, August 26, 2011

We live in Mississippi ... so it's okay! Pickwick 2011

One of our many summer adventures led us to Pickwick lake for a 4 day trip with 3 other couples. The total count came to 8 adults and 11 children. Many of you might shriek at these numbers but I tell ya ... it was wonderful.  Most of the kids are under 10 and they all played so well. We stayed in this outdated, musky, cobweb infested lake house that was perfect for 11 kids to destroy. I dubbed the house Arachnophobia Inn after being there for an hour but it was nothing that a big bottle of "hot" bug poison could not handle (it was hot because Aunt Jenny accidentally lifted it from the 1975 Walmart).  It was on a PERFECT spot on the lake (thanks Aunt Jenny for making it happen)!
Anyway, the kids either had their swimsuits on or their night clothes for 4 days straight. We boated, swam, ate and drank the entire 4 days. We wore the kids out every day which meant they were early to bed .... smart planning on our part. After the sun went down, we had kid-free deck time on the back porch. We talked about our kids, work, life. We sang, danced and swam by the light of the moon. Fun was had by all. For some ridiculous reason, I didn't take my camera. The Ofenhuesle's and Hagel's ... and maybe the Carroll's got some great pics of the kids but I can't seem to load them onto here from Snapfish (hint hint hint to Aunt Jenny - email some pics sister)!  I took my phone with me one day to field work calls and I happened to catch a few pics:






Quinnie, Noah and Hassie Clare - We will have to watch these guys MUCH closer while on vacation as they get older. They perfected playing "doctor" on this trip!

The Momma's
I foresee many more vacations with this crew. The kids played together flawlessly, the adults played together flawlessly.  The only drama with all 18 of us was Hassie Clare falling off the top bunk on her head. It was scary enough for me to switch to H2O and wake her up every couple hours throughout the night. But all was well.
The memories of our night swim in the buff will be etched in my memory forever ... I've just erased the parts that included my brother. That is how we roll in Mississippi!

No comments: