Once again we packed up the extra large grocery getter and headed about an hour west of St. Louis to Union, MO. We arrived about 1:30am Sat morning. The last hour of the ride was spent with Quinn screaming from pure exhaustion and me with car sickness (I was turned around in my seat trying to comfort Quinn) from the curvy back roads Jamie decided to take. Thankfully this was the worst part of our weekend.
Hassie Clare felt 4 hours of sleep was plenty. As soon as the sun came up she whispered to me "It's a bright, bright sunny day Mommy." I'm not sure what I
hollered politely said back to her but she went back to sleep for few minutes. This went on every 30 minutes until 8:30 when we finally agreed to let the girls get up. They absolutely love being at Maema's house. I'm not exaggerating when I say that she has just as many toys at her house then we do at our house. She had already told they girls about a few of the new toys (Buzz Light Year Costume, Annie wig, movies, all the characters of The Wizard of Oz) so their excitement was at an all time high. On top of all that they were super pumped to spend time with their Aunt Jodie.
Events of the weekend in order:
- swimming at Paige's mom's house with all the kids
- smelled Crystal Meth cooking for the first time (and hopefully the last time) - see story below
- 40th birthday party for Jamie's childhood friend Dale Gerding at the city park
- Maema's retirement party at Haggie's - see pics
- Dinner and drinks (adults only) with the Hammer's, Alsops, Worth's
- Water park with the Hammer's and Alsops (Chan and Cam)
- Ice Cream & Junk food with the Hammer's at Dairy Queen - see pic
- tour of Union High School where Jamie's Dad works
Story - We had a few hours to kill so I thought I would get some exercise in and take Ruby for a walk. It was high noon and we headed up a small country road near Maema's house. This road leads up to a church at the top of a big hill with a cemetery in the front. In route, I walked by a small, dilapidated trailer park. At first I thought to myself that someone was baking something. Then the smell hit me and I knew exactly what it was. It smelled like chemicals and someone getting a perm mixed together and being microwaved. Needless to say, Ruby and I picked up our pace and got the heck away from there:)
We didn't get home until 3am Tues morning. We squeezed a few too many things into 3 short days. But I don't think we would have done anything differently. It was a great weekend. My mother in law always makes our trips up there so easy. I've promised everyone that we will come back more often. Our next trip up there is already planned in October!
 |
| Qunnie AKA "Super Girl" |
 |
| Buzz Light Year striking a pose |
 |
| Maema with her little boy and granddaughters at her retirement party. |
 |
| Hassie Clare playing with 3 turtles at the retirement party .... long story behind the turtles. |
 |
| Maema opening up presents. This is thong panties holding adult diapers with money stashed in the panties. The funny thing about this story is the gift giver called after the party and asked for her panties back! |
 |
| This picture cracks me up. |
 |
| Best Friend's Forever - Morgan, Quinn, Jenna, Hassie Clare |
 |
The girls swimming in Maema's ginormous bathtub.
|
We made it! Another fun filled, family weekend with lots of new memories made.
No comments:
Post a Comment