Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Blogging slump. Just stuff.

It's not so much of a slump but lack of time to blog. Work, paying bills, being a mother and wife all comes first and well .... there is just not enough hours in the day lately. We are settling in with our new nanny Sarah. She is a delightful young lady and the girls adore her. Our camera has been MIA for a few weeks (I think it is under our bed:) but as soon as I find it I will post some pics of her with the girls. We still miss Tay Tay. Hassie Clare asks about her every day. She wants both Tay Tay and Sarah to come play with her ... such a loyal soul. I think Quinnie is still mad. She never talks about Taylor or asks about her. The whole thing just makes her uncomfortable. One day she will explode and beg to see her. Thankfully ... she is crazy about Sarah.
We just enjoyed a few great days with my Dad and Glenda. Although they only see the girls a few times a year, it is obvious how much they love them.  The girls cling to Glenda (Hassie Clare thinks it is super cool that she has the same name as Glenda The Good Witch from the Wizard of Oz) and love on their Grandpa any chance they get. 
Their show case dance recital is coming up. They are also participating in a "sister dance" portion of the recital so we have been going to rehearsal on Tuesday nights. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.
I HAVE GOT to get the girls birthday party scheduled and planned. It is creeping up on me. They either want an Alice in Wonderland themed party or Wizard of Oz. They either want it at our house like we have every year or at JUMP or at The Little Gym. I've decided that letting 3 year olds make their own decisions is not a wise move. 
A few weeks ago I set aside some time to book a condo for all of us to go to the beach. Hassie Clare asks me every day how many days it is until we go to the beach with Maema and Nana. I decided to put those plans on hold until we know more about the horrendous oil spill that might destroy the gulf coast in Mississippi and Alabama. So sad. I hope by the time my girls read this they will say "What oil spill?" That will mean that it was not as catastrophic as we are anticipating.
Jamie is still working crazy hours but we have seen him a bit more this week. Last night he got home around 9. He emptied the dishwasher, cleaned up the play room, fixed himself dinner and tucked the girls into bed. Ohhh ... and he rubbed my back when we got into bed. I love my hard working man and I'm so thankful for him. But no amount of money can make up from his time away from us.
The girls had their last day of school in the 3 year old mother's day out program. I can't believe they will start pre-K next year. Freaks me out just thinking about it!
And since I don't have any new pictures to share, and it is Way Back When-seday .. here is an oldie but goodie. This was our first photo shoot. They girls had turned one the day before. Jamie and I were attempting to get Hassie Clare to smile when the photographer snapped this pic.

No comments: