It all started with her. My oncologist, Dr. Linda Smiley. I strongly feel that without her special skills, there would be no Hassie Clare and Quinn. 9 years ago today was one of the worst days of my life and one of the best days of my life. My experience with this ugly disease does not define me. The 'C' word never even enters my mind except every 6 months when it's time for a trip to the cancer clinic. Caner turned my world upside down but the overall effects have been minimal. For that and for Dr. Smiley, I am eternally thankful.
PS - Please take note of the beautiful lady in the white shirt sitting in the background. She NEVER misses one of my appointments. She goes with me and holds my hand and tells me how much she loves me.... even when I'm grouchy (I get that way when I'm nervous). Somehow, she makes my checkups fun. She is my best friend and my mom.

No comments:
Post a Comment