Monday, September 14, 2009

Spousal Adoration

There are so many reasons why I love Jamie but I wanted to point out a few of those reasons just from this past weekend:
  • Friday night I had my monthly bunco gathering. We had an 80's theme which requires a little time and effort in getting ready. First of all, every time I have bunko he rushes home from work so that I have little to no responsibility. He wants me to take the entire night off .... not just the few hours I'm with my friends. Once I get all dressed in costume, he giggles at me as he takes pictures. He also dug out his Spuds Mackenzie high top sneakers and laced them up for me to add to my glorious outfit. It really is the little things that make me love him so dearly.
  • Sunday morning I slept in. Then stayed in bed playing hooky from church. Then decided to watch a cheesy Lifetime movie that didn't end until noon. He kept the girls occupied while I was lazy. The only thing he said to me was "you deserve it" and "what can I make you for breakfast." I feels so good to be recognized for all your hard work by your spouse.
By the time our children read this blog as adults, I have no idea what kind of relationship Jamie and I will have. I can only assume we will still be fantastically in love and enjoying our life together. God I hope this is the case! In the event of tragedy (I say tragedy because if we are not together for whatever reason it will be a tragedy to me), it is important to me that Hassie Clare and Quinn know how crazy in love we were with each other "back in the day." I want you girls to know how hard we fought to bring you into this world and that this fight was fueled by our love. I'm not sure I believe in soul mates but I do believe that some people are meant to be together. Jamie and I ARE supposed to be together. He is simply .. my best friend. He makes me laugh like only my mother can. He makes me feel safe in so many different ways. I respect him. He constantly exceeds my expectations as a father to Hassie Clare and Quinn. We are having so much fun being parents right now. Just last night the four of us were dancing and singing in the playroom to your current favorite Taylor Swift song "You Belong to Me." Jamie and I were in stitches over your new dance moves and singing technique. Anyway, I'm so thankful that I get to live this incredible life with him by my side. He really is the man of my dreams.

PS - In future hubby bashing blog entries ..... please remind me of this blog entry:)



At the girls 1 year old photo session we were trying to make them laugh. Evidentially, scaring the bajesus out of Hassie Clare would make her smile and Quinn could care less:)

No comments: