This past weekend we ventured up to Union, MO for Jamie's 20-year high school reunion. We met for dinner and drinks before the reunion with some close friends. By drinks I mean 4 pitchers of margaritas. It is so funny what reunions can do to people. I LOVED LOVED LOVED sitting back and watching the classmates as they sized folks up and whispered to their dates. Giggled at girlfriends they have not seen in 20 years. There was awkwardness and nervousness in the air. As an outsider, it was a people watchers dream.
Jamie was high on life and loved talking with friends he has not seen in years. He was cute to watch. He has changed so much since high school in appearance. He no longer has a foo-man-chew or mullet. He no longer wears shorts and wife beater tank tops in the snow. His vulgar t-shirts and concert shirts are a thing of the past (he keeps them in a tub in his closet:). He looks totally different but the reunion brought the high school party boy out of him and it was fun to watch. Seriously... it was fun. Yes, I had to consume large amounts of beer. But I thought it was fun. When Jamie and Benji (Quinn's Godfather) get together it is always entertaining. Plus we HAD to take advantage of our designated driver. It's not every night out that we have this available. Thanks Paige!
Any time we get to spend with our best buds, the Hammer's (Ben & Paige) it is a good time. You could put us in an empty room with those guys and we would be perfectly happy.
Taylor (nanny) is on vacation this week so Maema came down to watch the girls for us. She will drop anything and everything to help us out. It is so comforting as a parent to have that security. The girls love having their Maema around. She spoils them ROTTEN!!!!
For some reason, when the grandmothers are around, I feel lazy. I don't do laundry or cook dinner. I barely clean up after the kids and myself. My house turns into a disaster by the end of the first day. I wonder why I do this? My mom says it is because I relax due to some of the "mommy" responsibility being lifted off me. Maybe that is the reasoning but since Mae will be here for a week, I better get off my lazy butt and get busy!
No comments:
Post a Comment