Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My baby sister got hitched!

We spent the past 4 days in Lebanon, TN which is just on the other side of Nashville. As a memory keeper for me, I thought I would blog an outline of our wonderful weekend. It took me about 4 hours to get everyone packed up, outfits ready, formal gear in order, etc. I had no idea how hard it would be to pack for 2 year olds that are potty training. We left out on Thur. just before nap time.

This is what happened before we even got to the interstate!




We had an uneventful 5 hour trip. After we checked into the hotel it was time for girls night out (aka - BACHELORETTE PARTY). Jamie, my mom, Fred and Amy kept the girls at the hotel. We started the night out at Demo's restaurant then headed to a little night club back behind the restaurant. We had a great time but most importantly ... I think the bride-to-be had a great time! Fun was had by all!




The next morning, after breakfast, we went swimming at the indoor pool in the hotel. I WISH WISH WISH I had brought my camera. I could not believe how much fun the girls had playing in the water, going underwater while holding their breathe and jumping off the side of the pool. If they continue at this pace, I think they will be swimming by the end of the summer. Their cousins Jack and Josie were with us and the girls wanted to swim like them so bad!

That night we had the rehearsal dinner. Brent's mother put on a nice dinner at her church. Unfortunately, I forgot to take my camera in with me but I did get one shot of Quinn in her car seat on the way to the church.


The next day was full of excitement! We had a busy morning getting everyone all dolled up for the wedding. Paw Paw Fred ironed the pretty dresses, I did everyones hair, mom and Amy kept the girls busy while I put the final touches on everything and Jamie kept me from going crazy!!!

The wedding party had to be at the church at 11:30 and let me tell you .... it was a challenge. But we made it on time thank you very much:) I think Karrie is a pretty girl but she was a BEAUTIFUL bride! Her dress was spectacular. The girls thought she was a princess.... and she really looked like one. Here are some shots of us getting ready at the church before pics.


These pictures were taken during "picture time" before the ceremony.


"Aunt Karrie really is a princess."


- The most beautiful flower girl ever!

The ceremony was perfect! It was full of love, sentiment, tradition but short and sweet ... the perfect wedding ceremony in my opinion. I managed to keep my tears to a minimum but it sure was cool to watch my little sister marry the man of her dreams.



- The Children's Parade

- Our mom and brother David
- Our Dad's

The reception was at The Wild Turkey Ranch. It was way out in the sticks on this cute little farm. It was raining and cold so we could not enjoy the beauty of the surroundings. The reception was in a barn. But not the kind of barn you are thinking. Yes, you had to walk through horse stalls to get inside but I tell you......I can not imagine picking a place that fits Karrie and Brent any better then this place. It was adorable! The food was tasty, the spirits were flowing and the music fit the atmosphere. They really pulled off a great wedding day!!!!





- Bride & Groom cutting the cake





- The Douglass's first dance








- Me and my Dad








- Getting jiggy with it. Amy and Jack have all the moves in the family.


- My parent's on their "almost" anniversary @ Karrie's wedding. They were married on February 29th ... leap year. They celebrate it on February 28 which will be Karrie and Brent's anniversary.



- "YUMMY WEDDING CUPCAKES!"




How cool is it that some of our best friends happen to be family!


After the wedding we were all beat! The girls were dying to go swimming again so we gave in, got our suits on and headed down to the pool. Nana (my mom) joined us in the water. My dad and his lovely wife Glenda came down to watch the girls swim. It was a nice relaxing end to an unforgettable day!


Memphis had a record breaking snow storm while we were gone. I've heard everything from 2 inches to 16 inches. I'm not sure who to believe:) We decided to take our time on the trip home because we knew we were going to run into traffic issues on the interstate between Jackson and Memphis because of the weather. We stopped and ate at Loretta Lynn's. The girls loved the giant Buffalo in front of her restaurant. Quinn called it a "Buffalope."





Highlights of the weekend for the girls:
  • Sleeping with mom & dad
  • Sharing a room with Nana, Paw Paw and Amy
  • Swimming
  • Dancing @ the reception
  • Eating cup cakes
  • picking up a new uncle


WHAT A FANTASTIC WEEKEND!

No comments: