Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Quinnie's Toothsesss


My girls LOVE LOVE LOVE their dentist and his office.

Quinn finally lost her first tooth the night before her bi-annual dentist appointment. Or should I say ... her grown up tooth finally pushed it out. She was so, so, so excited! It helped tremendously that her sister lost a tooth first because she new it wouldn't hurt. Again, Quinn does not like change or anything that feels odd or different on or about her body (lotions, clothing, hair, etc.). She is MAJORLY psychotic particular about this stuff.  She worries and stews about it for days.


They look forward to going to the dentist and ask me at least twice a month when their next appointment is to see Dr. Jason. I think the endless supply of cheap toys and stickers they get to pick out helps!

So she followed suit and wrote a letter to the tooth fairy.  Pinky (our tooth fairy) left her 2 one dollar bills and a gold $1 coin with a letter asking her to save the special gold coin, donate $1 to her beloved charity and spend $1 on anything she wanted. She left fairy dust EVERYWHERE and came in through a small crack in the window.



Coincidentally the next morning we had a dentist appointment. Excellent reports on both girls. Their 6 year old molars are coming in  - HC faster then Quinn's. And he said Quinn's other bottom tooth needed to come out and that it might be the difference in braces or no braces down the road. PULL THAT SUCKER OUT!

Of course we didn't even mention it to Quinn. Now a days they don't give shots to pull teeth. He just packed it full of numbing gel for several minutes and yanked it out with some plier like contraption. My stomach contracted and I turned white as a ghost at the sight of him pulling it out ... grossed me out. Quinn was a rock star and so proud of herself. It bleed for an hour and left a nice little hole.

Before tooth extraction.


After

She said when her mouth is asleep (numb) it makes her eyes sleepy:)

I pray they have their daddy's teeth and not mine. Jamie has perfectly straight teeth and has never had any problems. My teeth (and most of my families teeth) are horrendous. Braces for years, retainers, surgery, even had 4 permanent teeth pulled because my mouth was so crowded (notice that I don't have eye teeth), crowns, root canals. You name it and I've had it. And I probably have the best teeth out of my siblings. So pleeeaassseee let them have their Daddy's teeth!

No comments: