Thursday, August 9, 2012

My sweet little Kinderbears / First day of Kindergarten

My babies are growing up and I'm so very proud of them. Since we did junior kindergarten at this school, going to senior kindergarten wasn't that being of a deal to Hassie Clare and Quinn. Although I was not near as emotional as I was last year on the their first day of school, I was still a bit weepy. They have matured so much over this past year and they are defiantly ready for Kindergarten.

Their teacher is lovely. Hassie Clare and Quinn quickly took over the classroom. Their teacher calls them her little assistants. Quinn is quick to point out any mistakes she makes and Hassie Clare loves to run errands for her at the school.

Here are some pics from the first week of school:

Quinn - first day of Kindergarten. Happy, excited and a little nervous. She kept her Bebe close by but wasn't allowed to take it to school:(  I kept in her car seat for her all day and it was there as soon as she got out of school.

Hassie Clare - first day of Kindergarten. Eager, off the wall excited and thankful that her sister is in her class. I read them "The Kissing Hand" that morning and kissed the palms of their hands. If they missed me during the day they could open their hand and feel my kisses. Hassie Clare said my kisses wore off by lunch time and she missed me so much it hurt her belly. Such a sweet book!

Kindergartners have homework twice a week.


Quinn is clearly not too happy. She is still as picky as ever about her clothing, socks, underclothes, hair, etc. I think on this particular morning she was a bit disheveled because it was "wear your tennis shoes to school day" and Quinn does not like change!

No comments: