HALLOWEEN! If it weren't for the large volume of candy she gets to eat around Halloween, she might very well have to be committed. The child is terrified of EVERYTHING Halloween. Except her cute little Strawberry Shortcake costume that I picked out. Well, actually she picked it out from the pics of the costumes I took on my phone because she will not go into Halloween stores OR stores that have any Halloween stuff. Fun times I tell ya.
And year after year I try to do all the things you are suppose to do at Halloween with your kids, such as Hayrides, Halloween party, Trunk or Treat, trick or treating, etc. And year after year I tell myself in a stern voice, "NEVER AGAIN." Quinn is ZERO fun at Halloween. I know this but I fight it .... and I'm not sure why.
She has made small improvements on bravery. She walked up to some houses while trick or treating with the other kids, as long as the other kids were not scary, had masks on or made funny noises AND as long as the houses did not have any decorations up. And she stood in line to ride a hayride but she bolted when it was our turn to get on. Last year she would never have stood in line for a hayride! Baby steps. Of course she spent the entire afternoon curled up in Nana's lap, in broad daylight at their school during trunk of treat because one of the fathers had a scary mask on and someone had a mechanical ghost that moved up and down. And the fun continues.
HC on the other hand would probably LOVE Halloween if her sister didn't freak her out about everything. She talked for a week about how she was going to go on the spooky walk at our friends annual Halloween party. She was so excited. She started hounding her father to take her on the spooky walk as soon as we got to the party. Quinn begged her not to go screaming "ghosts and wolves are going to eat you" and cried hysterically when Hassie Clare and Jamie left to go on the spooky walk. Of course they returned 3 minutes later. She changed her mind before they even crossed the entrance. Her excuse, "I didn't want to upset Quinnie Ray."
The only thing I would classify as fun was their school Halloween party.... and only because I arranged everything....which meant nothing spooky. We did a couple of cute crafts, ate lots of good food, played a couple of games and called it a day. Quinn was a happy camper!
I can assure you that the cuteness of the pictures do not depict the "lack of fun" being had by Quinn.
 |
| Strawberry Shortcake |
 |
| Teenage Witch (not sure where the teenage thing came from) |
 |
All of our girls in their Halloween costume
|
 |
Trunk or Treating. Quinn had the blanket over her head 88% of the time.
|
 |
| Some things never change ... negotiating / trading candy at Nana's house after trick or treating. Reece's were a big ticket item! |
 |
| Quinnie and her good friend at school on party day. |
 |
| Nana helping HC with one of the crafts (have I mentioned that I love the crafts for little ones at Oriental Trading???) |
 |
| Silly Halloween glasses with all the kids in their class. |
Next year I swear we will not ....... ohhhhh who am I kidding. I'll try every year until one year she loves it gosh darn it!
No comments:
Post a Comment