Monday, October 3, 2011

Mid-South Fair 2011

Where do I begin ... it was the perfect evening. Jamie and I snuck out of work early, picked up Nana and the girls from school and headed down to the fair. The weather was perfect, the atmosphere was relaxed, the crowds were minimal, the grounds were clean and we had a fantastic time. And let me tell you, I can still say all those pleasant things even though we spent about $175. NUTS! We were $110 into it before we stepped foot on a ride or dove into a foot long Pronto Pup. But totally worth it.
Hassie Clare was immediately bouncing off the walls when she saw all the rides. She is officially an adrenaline junkie. The higher and faster she can go, the better.
I'm afraid Cirque Du Soleil might want to recruit Hassie Clare! 

Quinn on the other hand, likes to take things slow. She has to watch a ride several time before deciding if she wants to ride it ... with her Daddy. But by the end of the night, she built up her confidence and was riding everything by herself and loving it!


 It was just one of those afternoons when the world was perfect. Everyone was happy and carefree. Our cheeks were sore from smiling so much!

Jamie was so cute with the girls at the fair. He should get father of the year for squeezing into all of the kiddie rides and climbing miles of steps, over and over, for the jumbo slides.

Jeep girls rule!



I'll be the first to admit that the fair usually grosses me out. Between the germs, greasy food, long lines, out of control kids jacked up on sugar, the heckling carney's, rude people and all the money it cost to get this .... YUCK ... why submit yourself to this torture. But my attitude will be forever changed about the fair. And even though there were still some of those things about the fair that gross me out, I found them entertaining this time. Have I changed or was it really just the perfect fair night?


Watching my beautiful Mother watch her granddaughters enjoy the fair on this magnificent evening will be forever etched into my memory. She was glowing with happiness and pride.

No comments: