Thursday, July 7, 2011

1st Hair Cut

Yes, I realize my kids turned 5 a few weeks ago. And yes, I have given them a few "homemade" haircuts in the past. Quinn's official first cut happened at 3. I trimmed the back of her hair to keep her from sporting a mullet. I usually just whack 3 or 4 inches off of Hassie Clare's.
Since Quinn is turning into one of those little girls that looks adorable in a "bob" I decided she needed a professional haircut. And Hassie Clare's long, curly mane was getting a little more then my hair cutting talents will allow. 

By "professional" haircut I mean a hair-cut by my friend (old high school buddy) that went to beauty school .... in her kitchen. Nothing but the best for my little chick-a-dees!
Quinn and her sassy little bob.



Hassie Clare has seriously good hair. I'm sure she will hate it someday.

**For the record, I cut hair in college while living in the dorm. My clients mostly consisted of the short-haired, softball players. I even had my own sharp scissors and a hair buzzer. I charged $5 a cut or weekly trims for $10 a month. I had about 10 regular clients. I ended up getting in trouble by the Residential Director in our dorm for conducting business in the hallways. So I moved my "business" to the community bathrooms! **


Did you notice that my friend "the professional hair-cutter" is also my friend that makes our "out of this world" cakes? Yes, I have multi-talented friends. I know, I know...I'm a lucky girl. She has been doing my hair since we were teenagers ... but don't hold that against her!

No comments: