Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day - 2011

My sweet, little chicklets know me so well. If you click on the picture, you can read the writting better.




My sweet, loving and ever so thoughtful husband got me with a bottle of perfume. While we were touring the countries at Epcot, we went into a perfume shop in France. We did this for 3 reasons. #1 - the store had air-conditioning. And #2, we were a hot, sweaty mess and needed a little somethin’ somethin’ to make us smell better. #3 - I love perfumes ...especially the ones you can't buy at a department store. What better place then a French perfume shop! I feel in love with this one perfume so I lathered the girls and I up with the scent. Jamie said we smelled like we bathed in a tub of orange slices on a beautiful spring day. PERFECT! Anyway, he took a pic of the bottle on his phone, shopped around on the internet and WALA ... surprised me with it for Mother's Day. The cool thing about it is that every time I wear it I think of us on our fantabulous vacation to Disney World.


The thoughtful gift made up for the fact that Jamie had to work on Mother's Day. But it turned out okay because I got to spend the day with my sister and Momma. I felt very lucky on mother's day for several reasons. I thought of all the women out there that desperately want to be a mother and for one reason or another can't. I thought of all the people out there that are sad on mother's day because their mom is deceased. I felt really lucky to spend the day with my sister on her first Mother's Day. I felt blessed to be surrounded by love the entire day even though we didn't do anything exciting.

I hope that I can be the mom I want to be someday. No regrets.... right?

No comments: