Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Busy Beavers

I'm convinced that if I had an extra 2.5 hours in each day, or a sister wife, that my life would run so much smoother. Kidding about the sister wife ... kind of.

Here is a brief summary of the past few weeks:

- We are avoiding most retail stores because the girls are petrified of spooky Halloween stuff. After church, the girls and I went into Walgreens to get a 1st Communion card for Olivia. We walked through the electronic doors and there were about 48 skeletons dancing around and saying creepy things. Quinn bolted for the parking lot. Thank God no cars were coming. We tried to re-enter the store after I got them calmed down. I agreed to hold both of them but as soon as the door opened they both screamed so loud the store alarm went off. THE STORE ALARM WENT OFF! It was quite the scene in the Walgreens parking lot. Needless to say, we had to pack up and go to the neighboring CVS store to get our 1 item.

- Maema came down and spent a few days with us to help with the girls while our new nanny was on vacation. She also delivered all of the girls fall/winter clothes and shoes. We love having her here with us and we are all sad when she leaves.

Hassie Clare asked me the other night if she could live with Maema when she turns 68. I told here Maema would be really old (like 120ish) but she said she would take care of her:) Those girls LOVE LOVE LOVE their Maema. For the record .... she is just backing her car into the garage and they wanted to ride with her. (No we don't let our kids ride in the front seat and they are ALWAYS in their car seat.)

- The girls and I went to Cape and stayed with the Aunt and cousins again. Have I mentioned how hospitable they are? I went to a fabulous wedding (thank you Bruce and Ashley Smith for a wonderful evening) while the girls went with Maema and some of the cousins to a local pumpkin patch. (Pics courtesy of Maema.)

HC with cousin Hilton



The girls w cousin Kaylee

- The girls started a new dance class. This year they are doing ballet, tap and tumbling (or germnastics as Quinnie says) at a different dance school across town. It is a little more laid back then the ballet company they attended last year ... much more our style.


- Every year in October our Bunko group dresses up for Halloween Bunko. This year I went as Dog The Bounty Hunter's Wife. Her name is Beth. I was a trashy mess but had so much fun:)


Beth & Alice (AKA Aunt Jenny)

 - We headed to Union, MO for Jamie's best friend (AKA Quinn's Godfather) Benji Hammer's surprise 40th birthday party, thrown by his lovely and amazing wife, Paige. The best part of the night was when Benji and Paige pulled into Maema's driveway and saw us standing there waiting on them. He got teary eyed and was shocked. They are our soul mates and we would not have missed it for the world. However, I forgot my camera so I downloaded these pics off of someones facebook page.
We stopped in The Legion to have a drink with the birthday boy's sister ... or so he thought. The party was waiting on him.
 
Mendi, Me, Woody and Tammy
Silly boys. It took them days to recover:)
Me & Woody
 


The Thurman & Hammer girls playing in Maema's basement the day after the party. They only see each other 2-3 times a year but they insist they are BFF's!

- A good friend of mine lost her father to cancer. The service was beautiful and as expected, my friend held up like a rock star. But you could see that she was a mess on the inside. My heart hurts for her and her family. Hassie Clare and Quinn said extra prayers for Ella's granddaddy.

- The girls got their first homework assignment. This month they are working on writing the letters Ee, Oo, Aa and the numbers 3, 4 and 5. They looked thrilled!



- Sarah (our ever so smart, talented and pretty summer nanny) came for a visit while home from college on her fall break. She brought paints for pumpkin painting and dressed up as Dorothy. The girls were so excited to see her .... and super excited that she bought them Halloween kits to make their own candy jewelery! 



Mary Bo Peep (AKA Little Bo Peep, AKA Quinnie), Dorofee (AKA Sarah) and Cinderella (AKA Hassie Clare)

We stay so busy that sometimes I can't remember what we did yesterday, let alone a week ago. So what does any busy working mom in 2010 do ....I pulled up pictures off my iPhone to recall what all we have been up too lately. In fact, all of these pics (unless noted) are from my phone.  Thank God for modern technology.

No comments: